Amalfi Coast or Capri?

Hi

We are scheduling our own tours for our cruise. It looks like it will be difficult to include both the Amalfi Coast and Capri all in the same day. We are definitely going to Pompeii. So I'm asking for everyone's opinion. Choose Capri or Amalfi? It sure is hard to make decisions about excursions.

Thanks for your help

Sandy

Haven't done the Amalfi coast yet ( next month though) did Pompeii and with the drive there and back it will take you a good 3 or 4 hours to see it ( could be less or more depending on how fast or slow you go).. so that being the case..the Coast!

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

Hi Sandy,

There is far more to see along the Amalfi Coast than the overcrowded Capri and you will not have to worry about boat connections.We have used Salvatore of DriveAmalfi (*****)and had two fantastic tours,especially enjoying Positano & Ravello.

You'll Love it

Mike

Amalfi Coast for sure. You "waste" an hour each way going to Capri by hydrofoil. Once you get there, there are some interesting things and places to see, but there is definitely much more to see and do on the Amalfi Coast. If you get the opportunity, try to get to Pompeii. Wonderful!

Hi, My husband and I are sailing on the

Star Princess and will be docking in Naples. I was in Capri several years ago on another tour. I decided to see the Amalfi Coast and visit Pompeii with a private driver who was very highly recommended. His name is Marcello Maresca. His e-mail is Marcello Maresca@tin.it. A day with him is less than the ship's charge, and the ship's tour did not include both Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Capri is pretty, but I think seeing the coast (according to the pictures) would be very worthwhile.

Archived