Legend Balcony Rooms: Preferences?

Leo Jay

My girlfriend and I plan to book a Balcony on the Legend, so we're interested in feedback about the pros and cons of particular locations vs. others. Other than easy access to elevators, or certain facilities, are there any specific reasons you prefer certain locations (or levels) over others?

If I had my druthers, I'd trade the balcony for a first-level ocean view like last year -- having the water right outside our window was AWESOME! Personally, I can't imagine a balcony view beating that, but she wants to try the fresh air experience.

If you look at the deck plans, you can clearly see that some of the Balcony's are much larger than the standard ones. We had one of the larger balcony's on my last cruise and they are really nice.

This is one of large aft balcony cabins that actually has two rooms. We had it for our 8-day Southern Carribbean Christmas cruise in 2004. Absolutely loved it! You can sit on the deck, which is 40 ft long, and watch the water with no obstructions. My parents had 4228, which also has a similar configuration, and they love sailing in those cabins.

Enjoy a balcony no matter where it is!

Linda

Cruising the Fantasy in June 2006!

We had an aft cabin on our 1st Legend cruise and booked another one for our next. It's the best and we are now spoiled. No obstructions, larger balcony, watching the wake, see both sides at the pier. The only way to go!

Are any particular balconies likely to get more sunlight than others? Aside from those on the very top level (which I suppose are all attached to suites anyway) are some balconies more exposed from above than others? Or are they pretty much all the same as far as that goes?

I can't imagine wanting a OV instead of a balcony. Balcony rooms are awesome - warning: once you have stayed in a balcony room you will never be satisfied without one. With a balcony you can prop the door open and have the sound of the ocean all night long, enjoy breakfast and coffee in the morning from your balcony, and get fresh air at any time.

and convenience, go for an 8I cabin. We were in 8229, which is one of the extended balconies. We loved the location as it was a very short walk down the hall and up one flight of stairs to the Unicorn and/or Aft pool. It was easy to run up and grab coffee or whatever to enjoy on the balcony. Also, because it is a deck above and not another balcony, there is no way to really look down into the balcony. In order for a neighbor to look in, they would virtually have to hang half way over the railing and lean back in.

We really loved this room!

Edited to add: From the sofa, I could easily see the water outside rushing by, even from that high up. We could also see the ocean from the bed. We could not find a single downside to this room. Even the cabin steward, Szuszusanna, was wonderful!

Aft looks like a good choice. Doesn't look like there are any left for our sailing, though.

Everytime I wanted an aft balcony I never saw any available online. I had to call the agent to find out whats available. Some agents hold these cabins in their group space.

When looking to see whats available online you will only see 7-9 cabins at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we just did our booking! We didn't discover any compelling reason to book a particular room, so we just booked a guarantee.

I can't imagine wanting a OV instead of a balcony.
It's just that I loved being able to see the water rushing by just a couple of feet below our window. If they had balconies on the Riviera deck, then hell yeah!
From the sofa, I could easily see the water outside rushing by, even from that high up. We could also see the ocean from the bed.
Oh, ok. Good to know. I'll keep an open mind!

Archived