Night Tales in Old San Juan Walking Tour - April 3, 2006

zydecocruiser

Night Tales in Old San Juan Walking Tour - April 3, 2006

I was on the Carnival Liberty April 1st sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. For those interested in the kind of stuff you see on the tour here are tons of pics. Debbie is an energetic tour guide that seems to really enjoy her work.

The obligatory pre-tour photos!

Waiting on the pilot to arrive...

8R2bNFQKCL+kRNTvtBA6TNZM9cBRBYgY0300.jpg

oHFP2E9Z5-lB1SV5BrRIJ5Gw8hM6NRCv0300.jpg

OmvyIqhqUx4CIIeNLgALyfFMiOd1gRYc0300.jpg

iK8MaGNchHf132Yc4S7lgJmuAkWCfLDz0300.jpg

KB-UbBYGkK+XJH1nZaxDAPOwi25bYnlA0300.jpg

We are going to be in San Juan at the end of May and we're actually looking into the Night Tales tour. Could you please let us know some details about the tour.. like where in particular Debbi takes you, what kind of stories does she tell, what sites you see?

We emailed Night Tours but they were very vague on what the tour is actually about. And we have a couple group members that were interested in going on a "Ghost Tour" (I guess they did one in San diego, CA and want to do another) and thought this might be along those lines with history of San Juan added in.

Let us know what you thought!

On the pics, I host them on another site and then embed them in the posts, so the only restriction seems to be that I am limited to 5 objects per post.

Let's see, 5 smilies or 5 pics? I usually pic pics. :D

---------------------------------------------------

Not sure that I know exactly what a ghost tour is but this wasn't along the lines of a voodoo tour. ;) I think the tour description on the website is accurate.

http://www.*****.com/nighttales.htm

We went to a number of places, both inside and outdoor sites. I don't think the general public has access to some of the locations at night.

I just noticed a number of pictures on that page are of locations I posted pics of. Not really a concidence, since Debbie would stop and point out locations that would make good pictures along with some picture taking hints.

To me, the tour guide, Debbie, was what really made the tour. She provides historical facts and tells stories of legends, true, but the passion behind the presentation is impressive. She never ran low on energy. It was more than a boring "tour". Not really sure how to describe it other than Debbie was as much a part of the "show" as anything we saw?

On the pics, I host them on another site and then embed them in the posts, so the only restriction seems to be that I am limited to 5 objects per post.

Let's see, 5 smilies or 5 pics? I usually pic pics. :D

---------------------------------------------------

Not sure that I know exactly what a ghost tour is but this wasn't along the lines of a voodoo tour. ;) I think the tour description on the website is accurate.

http://www.*****.com/nighttales.htm

We went to a number of places, both inside and outdoor sites. I don't think the general public has access to some of the locations at night.

I just noticed a number of pictures on that page are of locations I posted pics of. Not really a concidence, since Debbie would stop and point out locations that would make good pictures along with some picture taking hints.

To me, the tour guide, Debbie, was what really made the tour. She provides historical facts and tells stories of legends, true, but the passion behind the presentation is impressive. She never ran low on energy. It was more than a boring "tour". Not really sure how to describe it other than Debbie was as much a part of the "show" as anything we saw?

Thank you - that description was helpful. And the one in our group that did a ghost tour in san diego is definitely not looking for a "voodoo" tour!! definitely not. :) From her explanation she said the one she previously went on was really fun and the guide takes you around to historical sites and puts a twist on what he/she will tell you about the place... the twist is that the guide will tell ghost stories that have been passed down from generation to generation of say a ghost still haunting the halls of a famous hotel or building. So when she read the Night Tales tour included stories of legends, she thought this might be along the same lines.

Yes, at a small bakery and free samples were NOT included. Actually it wasn't officially part of the tour, but I couldn't help but notice it as we walked by. I guess something to do with cruise conditioning - if you see food, it must be time to eat again.:)

Thanks so much for posting pics from your walking tour. I was wondering what night of the week that was? I was surprised to see how quiet the streets were. I was under the impression that the town is hopping at night. Was this a weekday?

Thanks again,

Kathy

It was Monday night when I went. Not sure what kind of hopping nightlfe there is in Old San Juan, but I think in general, it doesn't start until after the tour has long ended - tour hours are 6-8pm.

There are the tourist places like Hard Rock and Senor Frogs that will be active whenever the tourists are around.

Archived