Buenos Aires to Ft. Lauderdale - 29 days

earljr

Hi everyone -- We have just returned from a wonderful 29 day adventure aboard the Regal Princess. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them

Nice day to all - Earl

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone -- We have just returned from a wonderful 29 day adventure aboard the Regal Princess. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them

Nice day to all - Earl

Earl. . . I know it has been several months since you posted this, but I was wondering if you posted a review of your South America cruise? I noticed on another thread that you were scheduled for a Tango show at Piazzolla. How was it? We have also opted for the VIP seating and was wondering if it is worth the extra expense.

HI ----

No review - sorry - old guy (me) has enough trouble with new fangled computer stuff and typing is not a forte'--:)

We are retired and do not have a ton of money -- so when we popped for the ViP box for the Tango show we agonized over the extra cost.

We were very happy we did--- I dont know if you have gone thru a tour agent -- but the one was very good-- pick up by driver at our hotel and delivered to the theatre and return after the show. Box was super -- curtain cover to box entrance, plush chairs, table settings excellent, very private, wine included with meal was a very nice wine, personal service was very exceptional, (almost hovering every minute) had a great pix taken. We made our final decision to pop for the private box based on the fact smoking is allowed on the main floor of the theatre. We did not notice a lot of smokers however so the main floor probably was ok for non-smokers. If you want to socialize with tourists (both U.S. and other countries ) the main floor tables would be fine. If you want privacy, (romantic?) and pampering -- the box is the way to go, The show is very good--(matter of personal taste here) Also I am the proud owner of a Piazzolla T-shirt :) I would also suggest that a box around mid theatre to rear. The music tends to be quite loud close to the stage apparently due to the acoustics -- based on comments from friends of ours we requested a box in this area and lucked out on a box at the rear of the theatre -

P.S. -- a couple days later we walked the pedestrian only street and went again into the theatre to look at the decor again. Magnificant old opera house and the elegance to match. I think it was on Florida St.

My Email is klema@earthlink.net if you would rather contact me direct as I do not come over to this thread very often.

Nice day -- Earl

Archived