Conquest cabin 6450, L shape

cascole

Hello all - I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin or a similar one? I have heard that this cabin does not have a twin bed option, can anyone confirm?

I have this cabin booked & am considering giving up the larger balcony if this is the case.

Thank you for any insight!

I'm pretty sure these cabins on the Conquest have regular bed setups. It is the Triumph that has queen beds in these last four L shaped cabins on the upper deck. Look at the deck plans for Triumph and you will see an X that denotes a queen bed. On Conquest's deck plans, this isn't even listed as an option.

Thanks, I sure hope this is the case. In the brochure & deck plan there is no special notation for this room - at all, most of the other cabins denote if they have a twin/king option. Maybe the lack of notation means that there is just no sofabed?

Another thought - can anyone comment on if there is room in this cabin for a 'pack n play' type crib?

We booked an L shaped cabin before and LOVED the huge balcony (about double the length). As I recall, it was a queen size bed (no gap in the middle, yippee.........and altho we're used to a King bed, it was plenty roomy for us). It seems we did not have a sofa and the bathroom was caddy cornered to the bed, rather than down a little hallway by the closets. Sorry, don't remember about space for a crib..........

Enjoy your cruise!

Here is a link to some PICS of cabin 6473 on the Conquest..... an L shaped cabin like yours, but on the starboard side of the ship:

http://community.webshots.com/album/321040565NaqBpA

John

John,

I was finally able to see your pics... it does look like it's just one bed in that room, not 2 twins... am I seeing this correctly?

John,

I was finally able to see your pics... it does look like it's just one bed in that room, not 2 twins... am I seeing this correctly?

It's hard to tell from those PICS, but looking at the headboard it looks like they might be two twins pushed together.

According to Serene56 in the following thread the Conquest class ships have twin beds in the L shaped rooms. If twins beds are what you really want you might want to try and verify this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=257116&highlight=6473

John

it is two twins pushed together but you cant tell.

On the Victory/triumph/Destiny it is a true queen bed.

As far as a crib-- there is a nice corner where the door opens that would be perfect. Nice and dark and away from the tv and your sleeping area.

(putting a pack and play in the room directly by the bed would take up all your space.

for you and what your needs are this cabin would be perfect.

its kinda dark but you can see== in the background is where we stored all our luggage. this is the area that I think would be perfect for your crib.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548033450/2811041530062547426ZKLaOw

(make sure the agent knows you need a crib.)

We were on the Glory in room 6442 and our friends were in 6450. The beds were twin beds put together because I looked to see if they were seperate beds. The only thing is that the nightstands did not move so it seemed like the beds could not be seperated. This is what I remember from my Feb cruise.

We were on the Glory in room 6442 and our friends were in 6450. The beds were twin beds put together because I looked to see if they were seperate beds. The only thing is that the nightstands did not move so it seemed like the beds could not be seperated. This is what I remember from my Feb cruise.

I did notice the night stand closer to the bathroom did move. coz I dropped something behind it and had to move it to get it out of there.

Now the one by the vanity side-- dont move-- i have no idea why.

But if the beds did get seperate.. wouldnt the bed be smack righ tnext to the bathroom door? hmmmmm.

although the beds are pushed together you can ask the steward to make them up seperatly. with each having your own sheet and blanket.

I have 6442 on our Conquest cruise and cannot wait!!! The pics posted here have me more excited!! Our group has the L shaped, both wraparounds, and the AFT cabins on the upper deck... Did anyone in your group open the dividers? From what I understand they don't open completely, but I've yet to see a picture... just checking!! Thanks so much!!!

what do you mean the dividers dont open completely?

the dividers open and will be towards the outside cabin wall. SOme dividers will open towards a cabin door so wont be able to open that side.

Just what we have heard on here, that the dividers are different than on the spirit class (where they are removed completely)... I guess we will see when we get there... I know that some (I think 2?) back there don't open at all... We were given a breakdown at one point of the ones that opened and didn't... I just don't have it any longer.

the partitions on the miracle are removed (where do they put them??)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/430338192/1430411403076784516OEqdig

there is another photo of your L shape balcony.

the divider here would block your window. if opened the other way it would block that cabin door.

the dividers do swing both ways.

Do you personally have this cabin? I look forward to your review.

I have an L-shaped on the upper deck of the Conquest in 3 weeks. I would be happy to take pictures or answer questions after if anyone wants something specific.

the partitions on the miracle are removed (where do they put them??)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/430338192/1430411403076784516OEqdig

there is another photo of your L shape balcony.

the divider here would block your window. if opened the other way it would block that cabin door.

the dividers do swing both ways.

Not sure where they put them, LOL... Just know they remove them, they weren't there, that's for sure :D Yes, apparently on the Conquest class, the way the dividers are made is different, and yes, they do block the window when opened.

Yes, I personally have this cabin, LOL...

Thanks so much everyone!!! Your responses have been more than helpful! I'll be bringing my own pack-n-play since my son is used to it & hope it fits right in the spot youi mentioned, serene!

Another thought - LMCruise maybe you can check on your upcomming voyage - (or others who have already been) any idea of the dimensions of the balcony? (I'll probably bring a small inflatable pool for my lil one to splash in & want to get the right size.)

Thanks again to everyone!!!

I'll be bringing my own pack-n-play since my son is used to it & hope it fits right in the spot youi mentioned, serene!

(I'll probably bring a small inflatable pool for my lil one to splash in & want to get the right size.)!!!

why take your own-- the cruiseline will have one for you. and a small pool? consider one small enough that you can pick it up to dump it-- where else would you besides the bathroom?

a stroller?? get one small enough to manuever the hallways if the stewards have their carts out there its hard to get around.

• 3 months later...

ON Conquest 6450, there was no noise I could hear from the lounge below except for one night when they held the Karaoke auditions there. If you go to bed past 11 or 12, you should be just fine... although all ships & passenger mixes are different I'm sure.

The dividers do open between cabins. On our last day, they opened them all up to clean. The divider between the caboin just forward of ours blocked our door so if it had been open, we couldn't have gotten out to the balcony unless we closed it & then opened it again.

Also, there were twins & both nightstands did move, no problem... if there are any other questions about this cabin, I'm happy to answer!

Archived