XM Radio

pnk1966

I took my Sirius with me in the Caribbean last summer and it worked fine, halfway...it was the southern caribbean and I had an aft balcony, so the way back up it didn't work too well (couldn't point the antenna the right direction)...

So, since you are going south/north, you may want to see the way your cabin faces and if you can get the antenna to point properly in your cabin, or you could probably use it on the deck no problem...

This gets asked a lot, actually. I did some research for an earlier thread and discovered that Sirius is the service of choice in the Caribbean. XM has some coverage but not as much, so you won't get as good results. Feel free to bring your XM radio but bear in mind that Sirius has better Caribbean coverage.

Didn't take it off the boat in the ports of call, it was mainly for getting ready to go out/sitting on the balcony relaxing...

I imagine it would be fine, if you go to the Sirius message boards there is always people posting about using it in the caribbean...

BTW, IMHO...Sirius should be the service of choice everywhere you go ;-)

Archived