Restaurants

lacycatherine

If you had to choose 1 restaurant to eat at in Nassau, which one would it be and why? What is your favorite food there? How are the prices? Thanks so much!

\

Are you looking for a high end dinner.. or comfortable lunch, native food, gourmet??

The best high end suppers are at:

Graycliffs, Sun and.. Buena Vista and Chez Willies. (these also have dress codes) These are some of the best in the caribbean. Great food.

Comfortable with terrific food and courtyard setting: Cafe Matisee (Lunch or dinner)

Lucianos Italian on the Harbour has great food and harbour views. Including outdoor seating. (lunch or dinner)

Fun atmosphere, good food and local entertainment - Cafe Johnny Canoes. (B/L/D)

For Real bahamian food in a casual setting.. Twin Brothers at Arawak Cay's Fish Fry.

Cafe Matisse is walkable from port.. other you'll need a jitney or cab depending on time of day.

• 3 weeks later...

Scubagirl,

Is Fish Fry the same place at Twin Brothers? That is my plan for mother's day. Do they celebrate mother's day in Nassau? If so, should I plan on not being able to eat there? Thanks for your advice.

Scubagirl,

Is Fish Fry the same place at Twin Brothers? That is my plan for mother's day. Do they celebrate mother's day in Nassau? If so, should I plan on not being able to eat there? Thanks for your advice.

Twin Brothers is at the Fish Fry and Mothers Day will be busy. Not too busy to get a table at your favorite or another. Don't worry .. just enjoy the day.

Twin Brothers is at the Fish Fry and Mothers Day will be busy. Not too busy to get a table at your favorite or another. Don't worry .. just enjoy the day.

Now tell me if I'm wrong. At first I thought the Fish Fry was the name of A restaurant. Now I think it is an area with a bunch of restaurants to choose from. Is this correct? And this area is safe for tourists? We can just walk around there and pick our place? And we get there by taking the number 10 jitney? I hope I've got this correct.

I found this on line coupon. Is this place worth trying if that's where we find our mother's day table?

http://www.bahamasgetaway.net/bigcoupon.jpg

Yes, that is me in the picture about 5 years before my first trip to Chub Cay. :)

Yes, it's an area with restaurants. All little shack places with Bahamian food. Looks like it would be fun. Don't know about the bus - but ask any of the bus drivers. I would feel safe there.

Now tell me if I'm wrong. At first I thought the Fish Fry was the name of A restaurant. Now I think it is an area with a bunch of restaurants to choose from. Is this correct? And this area is safe for tourists? We can just walk around there and pick our place? And we get there by taking the number 10 jitney? I hope I've got this correct.

I found this on line coupon. Is this place worth trying if that's where we find our mother's day table?

http://www.bahamasgetaway.net/bigcoupon.jpg

Yes, that is me in the picture about 5 years before my first trip to Chub Cay. :)

The Fish Fry is a small village of restaurants, with some outdoor seating, a stage, common area etc. Here's a pic of the main area .. most days it's significantly more crowded. Very safe and easy to get to.

RestaurantRow.jpg

The Fish Fry is a small village of restaurants, with some outdoor seating, a stage, common area etc. Here's a pic of the main area .. most days it's significantly more crowded. Very safe and easy to get to.

RestaurantRow.jpg

How cool. Thank you!

All this time and several times I thought we were eating at the fish fry area. We have always gone to a place under one of the bridges, and thats what I have said to the cab drivers "we want some cracked conch from the place under the bridge." Scubagirl, where have we been eating? sounds crazy I know! Thanks, Laura

All this time and several times I thought we were eating at the fish fry area. We have always gone to a place under one of the bridges' date=' and thats what I have said to the cab drivers "we want some cracked conch from the place under the bridge." Scubagirl, where have we been eating? sounds crazy I know! Thanks, Laura[/quote']

The place under the bridge is called Potters Cay. Also really great food and a very casual environment. Potters Cay is where all the fishing and mail boats come in - you can get fresh fish, conch, vegetables etc.. or pick up a fried fish dinner, conch fritters or conch salad. Rub elbows with the locals as they play checkers and dominos.. or crank up their music on the weekend evenings.

Arawak Cay's Fish fry is more commercial.. and set up as restaurants, not fish shacks.. GREAT food at either place... some people are not comfortable at Potters Cay.. I happen to love it.

PottersCayShack.jpg

Archived