lago mar vs amerisuites

pvoris01

I'm torn between these two hotels, I can get a great rate through valuetrips.com for Amerisuites for 75.00 pre-cruise. We have three couples with a total of six kids between 13-16 and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to stay at Lago Mar for the beach access. Also are there any places to eat dinner nearby the Lago Mar that are reasonable.

Only you can answer the question about Lago Mar being worth it for beach access. Since this is a cruise forum, I assume that your stay is in connection with a cruise and therefore you will have access to a pool and even some beaches during your cruise.

Lago Mar is a very nice self contained resort right on the beach of Harbor Island. It is a bit isolated. There really is nothing you can easily walk to for casual shopping or dining. If I was vactioning in Fort Lauderdale and staying there, I would have a rental car. If I was watching my pennies and just needed a place for one night pre cruise, it probably would not be my first choice.

Archived