? re: umbrella stroller for bigger toddlers...

MamaParrotHead

This isn't specifically about "cruising" with my kiddos, but travelling in general. I thought I'd come to the "experts" around here for some help! :)

We're taking a 10 day vacation to NYC and the Jersey Shore this summer with our 6 1/2 YO and (then) 3 YO. I'm in need of some recommendations for a BIGGER umbrella stroller. All of the ones we have around here are for tiny butts, LOL. Not that my 2 1/2 YO is a monster, but he's about 35 pounds and the little ones aren't gonna cut it. He loves riding in the stroller, thank goodness, because I'm not carrying him through the streets of NYC. We have a nice, bigger one but there will be 4 adults and 3 kids, and we're trying to consolidate so we can get ONE car instead of TWO. Any thoughts? Any input is greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks.

We have a "big bottomed" little boy and he is about 35 pounds or so and we have found that the Chicco Umbrella Stroller from Target works really well. The back of it reclines a little to lay it back for sleeping and it even comes with a carrying bag, (like those fold up chairs). Ours even came with a rain cover.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_11/601-6634578-9221765?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00009KN1D

Our local Target store carries it in their store, so you can test drive the seat to see if it is big enough. A little pricey but well worth it for larger toddlers :-)

Hope this helps.

Volo by Maclaren - compact, very lightweight, tall handles so it's comfortable to push. It still holds my daughter - she's 5.5 and about 48lbs! We bought it for her to take to Disney in 2004, we now put our 7month old son in it. It's more expensive than other umbrellas but the quality construction, light aluminum frame and small size when folded made it worthwhile. Try froogling it to get the best price.

I second the vote for the maclaren (they can be a little pricey, depending on the model)... that's what I use for my 10 month old daughter but my 3 year old son (he weighs 37 pounds, and is very tall also) fits in it really well too..... it's lightweight, folds like an umbrella stroller and is SO EASY to steer.

Archived