Just Finihed Booking Excurisions Online

daveky

Aliittle history on booking excursions from past cruises. I know ships keep getting bigger and the question is is that good or not, but little history on the progress of booking excurisions with current technology which is a plus.

In the late eighties, had to stand in line at the Purser's desk to book an excursion from a copy machine listing of what was offered and you hoped it wasn't booked when you got there. 600 passenger ships. Boy was that line long.

Then a book with your cruise documents appreared listing the excursions, and as soon as you got on the ship, there was a form in your room to pick your excursions, list 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice, drop in a box at the Purser's desk, first come first serve, and when the tickets appeared in your room later that week, you got to see what you got to do.

Then came the TV excursion booking. When you got on the ship, ran to your room and booked right then. At least you knew what was available.

Now, online booking.

We may complain about the larger ships, and again, the verdict is still out, but do like the current technology of booking online, and knowing what your your going to get to do on each island.

DON't miss the days of long lines on the ship to book an excursion. That was murder, but (lol), that was crusing back then and didn't have the options we have today.

Here's to the changes in the future, both good and back. Who knows, may be booking restaurant reservations in the near future.

I do believe some things should stay the same. I LOVE being on the ship and can go from venue to venue at my option just to see what's going on.

But change is inevitable.

Dave

Archived