Women, help me out...

I will be on my first cruise on Monday - Yipee! :D Anyway, we will be sailing on the Grandeur and I wondered what the shopping was like onboard. I'm sure most of the ships are the same. Are there any shops for teens like T-shirts and things like that? Or is it all jewelry and expensive items?

Thanks in advance!

They definitely have a shop for t-shirts and such other things. I always manager to find something for myself and my sister to take home with us. towards the end of the curise there are usually betters sales on t-shirts. Have fun!!!

Haven't been on the Grandeur but you're right, most ships have similar shops. You'll probably find some Royal Caribbean t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Sometimes I have seen some (famous makers) items that teens wear items too . This store usually has the RC/cruise collectible items (magnets, postcards, cups, photo albums, etc.) On some ships there has been a shop where everything is $10.00 selling scarves, watches, ties, etc. A store for cigarettes, liquor, general toiletry items, candy, etc. Usually a perfume/cologne store. Always a jewelry store.

We always like to buy a few things to remember our cruise by. (I like (Christmas) ornaments with the ships name.)

Have fun on your cruise.

We just got off Empress last Friday. All the shirts I bought on board were on sale (usually 50% off). Every night they had tables full of items on sale in the Centrum area outside of the shop. On the last day I guess they have really big sales (bigger than 50%?) but we were too busy packing and wouldn't have been able to fit anymore stuff anyway!

We are just off the Splendour..(sister to Grandeur)They had what has been posted...about 8 shops...if you want tshirts..I agree to wait till later in the cruise..our last day at sea they had tables set up by the pool with lots of tshirts that were priced 2 for $20...also they had some cute clothes (RCI logo) set up infront of the shops that day that were 50%off...and as mentioned before..we always buy christmas orniments of our vacations, so we got one on the first sea day...Have a great cruise...it wont be your last!!!;)

One of the best things I ever bought at the ship's shops was a beaded formal purse for $10. Now I use it every time I cruise and it is a nice reminder of my cruise on the Serenade. A functional souvenir! (no, it does not have the RCL logo beaded on or anything!)

The t-shirts on the ship are really high quality. My husband has worn his "Rush Hour" (has fish on it) shirt to threadbare nothingness but it took five years and a bazillion wearings to do it. I do laundry every day and it's his favorite t-shirt to wear under his button down shirts in the winter. He probably tosses it on twice a week or so.

Most ships have the same items just different name, T-shirts,sweatshirts,work-outwear,hats ect.. Than they also have the stores with watches and jewelry. Than the perfume stores and a store with a few upscale dresses, a store with fake pashminas and little purses and hair items.A store for magazines,suntan lotion,ect.. Of course a store to purchase rum,and what other spirits you need to take home.

If your teens are like mine they they wouldn't wear anything from the ship.Save your money get something on shore(you can haggle for it in some places), something different. I'm sure they will like it alot better.

Just a thought from another mom with (17yr old DD & 20 yr old DS):)

I bought my t-shirt on Grandeur cuz I wanted one the bragged I was on Grandeur of the Seas :). I am plus size and the shop carried 3 styles that would fit. The t-shirt was high quality. That store had something for everyone. I didn't go in the jewelry or liquor store. The first day the liquor store have samples out and you should have seen all the old cheap folks downing the free slurps to get a buzz. Any liquor purchases will be delievered to your cabin the last night of the cruise. The prices were only 2-3 dollars cheaper than what I can buy in Michigan so I didn't bother (why worry about breakage inflight?!). So the shopping is limited on a Vision class ship like Grandeur but you're not cruising to shop the ship!

Archived