N611 We're back

karmac

Hi all

Will post more over the weekend but just wanted to say what a great time we had. Met up regularly with fellow CC posters - what a great bunch of people they are. Had great weather. Didn't want to come home & I must say it was rather emotional sailing into Sydney Harbour this morning. We were a little late & didn't dock until 9-15. Am going to bed now as I've been out tonight & I'm exhausted.

Karen

hi karmac. Glad you had a great timeand the weather was kind to you. Got up early to watch you coming in but the cruise cam is not working. We all missed sailaway as well and is not fixed yet. Look forward to your review. Check out the new roll call site. suexxx

Hi karmac, welcome back!! Glad to hear that you had a great time!:)

Cheers, girl05

Thanks girl05. Will post a review sometime over the weekend. Hate being home.

Karen

It was Demo. He was great. We loved him.

Karen

Wish we could have swapped Karen... Would have much prefered to have Demo. Dan Styne was a funny guy and great entertainer, but a so-so cruise director.

How did Demo go without Shona to as his "straight man"? Someone told me that Shona was onboard your cruise (or maybe the one before) as a passenger, that would have been different for her.

Kym

Wish we could have swapped Karen... Would have much prefered to have Demo. Dan Styne was a funny guy and great entertainer, but a so-so cruise director.

How did Demo go without Shona to as his "straight man"? Someone told me that Shona was onboard your cruise (or maybe the one before) as a passenger, that would have been different for her.

Kym

She could have been because I did see him one night with a girl I thought looked liked Shona (had only seen a picture of her on these boards). Anyway, he was great and everbody seemed to really like him.

Karen

Kym

I met Shona when coming back on board from Wala and she said she was on as a passenger, N611 was supposed to be Demo's last cruise but Shona said he had extended for one more.

I met Shona when coming back on board from Wala and she said she was on as a passenger, N611 was supposed to be Demo's last cruise but Shona said he had extended for one more.

Seems he just can't stay away!

I bet it felt strange for Shona to just be a passenger, but at the same time it would have been good for her to experience life "on the other side" so to speak.

Wasn't Demo sooo funny, I wanted to bring him home, as well as the chefs, our waiters and stewards. Life is rather boring now back at home!

This was our very first cruise, so we really enjoyed it immensely. I'm online now looking for our next one.

The staff were wonderful, the food was delicious, the islands were beautiful, the weather was great, the people were friendly and the cocktails were moorish!

Not too much to complain about, except it was too short!

looking forward to hearing what everyone else thought!

Nice to meet you Karen, I have some gretashots of Jim for you!

x Michelle

I've spent the day saying" this time two weeks ago we were, driving to Brisbane, on the plane, checking in at the wharf, exploring the ship, and even now we would have been on the front waiting for sail away".

This time one week ago we would have just been finishing walking the markets at Vila after a big day of looking at the shops and walking.

Yes everything was wonderful on the cruise, Demo was so cheerful and bright, in fact so was everyone, they all made you feel special.

I noted how the tender operaters were so willing to help everyone on and off the tenders, and being so attentive to the elderly and ones who were not so nimble on their feet.

There are a lot of restaurant/hotel employers who could learn a lot from going on a cruise and how their establishments are operate. One of my pet hates is when I have booked a hotel/motel for the three of us, and on entering the room there are only two towels, and you have to go to reception to get another one, which some times takes time as they have to get it from housekeeping, it was great to enter the room and find three of us were expected and even down to info on the teen club for daughter.

Next cruise will be from Brisbane that is the only thing which I think will be different.

Val

I've spent the day saying" this time two weeks ago we were, driving to Brisbane, on the plane, checking in at the wharf, exploring the ship, and even now we would have been on the front waiting for sail away".

Val

Me too.It's so sad to be back home.

Karen

Me too.It's so sad to be back home.

Karen

We were driving out along the road that leads to Pinkenba yesterday, when we saw buses taking passengers off Pacific Star back into Brisbane, and it was a shock to realise that another cruise had been and come back since we got back.

I must say it was hard to go from having everything done for you to having to do your own cooking, cleaning etc....

I made the bed this afternoon and just had to lay out the pjs with a flourish, just to relieve that coming back to the room after dinner to find it made up feeling! I know, sad isn't it :p

When the head chef came around one night introducing himself to everybody, I asked him if he'd come home with me. He just laughed. Thought I was crazy. Iv'e spent the last 3 days washing & tomorrow will try & catch up on the ironing. It's scary:eek: .

Karen

When the head chef came around one night introducing himself to everybody, I asked him if he'd come home with me. He just laughed. Thought I was crazy. Iv'e spent the last 3 days washing & tomorrow will try & catch up on the ironing. It's scary:eek: .

Karen

Only this weekend did we catch up on all the washing and ironing following our cruise - and we got back 11 days ago! Of course we had 4 extra people staying with us when we got back, and two of them needed to wash clothes to repack before heading home to Melbourne, so that was given first priority, and we had all the bed clothes etc after all our guests had gone home.

But it's also amazing how many clothes 2 people use over a 12 day period, plus we had the washing from the week before we went away as well.

But it's also amazing how many clothes 2 people use over a 12 day period, plus we had the washing from the week before we went away as well.

And there's 5 of us:eek:

Karen

• 1 year later...
Hi all

Will post more over the weekend but just wanted to say what a great time we had. Met up regularly with fellow CC posters - what a great bunch of people they are. Had great weather. Didn't want to come home & I must say it was rather emotional sailing into Sydney Harbour this morning. We were a little late & didn't dock until 9-15. Am going to bed now as I've been out tonight & I'm exhausted.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Was looking at some more old posts and found this, does it really feel like 18 months ago that you just came back...scary isn't it?

Don

Hi Karen,

Was looking at some more old posts and found this, does it really feel like 18 months ago that you just came back...scary isn't it?

Don

Wow Don!! It's hard to believe I wrote that 18months ago. What's even harder to believe is that in 3 weeks time we'll be off again:D .

When I said in that post that I had been out that night, it was to linedancing which I have been doing every Thursday night for a few years. We got home that morning but couldn't wait to catch up with my friends & tell them all about it so I went. I truly was exhausted. The sad thing is, I'm off to linedaning again tonight and it is our last one. The club is kicking us out so people can come & play poker:mad: . The Tuesday night class will keep going (I recently started going on a Tues night to take the kids for beginners lessons) but unfortunately our Thursday night social has been canned. None of us are happy about it. We are having a party tonight (to commisserate not celebrate) and we are all wearing black. Don;t know what we're going to do now. Will have to try & find somewhere else to go but the thing is we really like the teacher we have now.

Ah well, that's life I guess.

PS Sorry about the rant

Karen

I was wondering why i didnt reply to your orginal post then i remembered it was because I was on my first cruise. we sailed right after you. Now look what has happened 4 cruises down and 2 more booked.I never would have thought that would happen!!

ahh reminising (sp geez i cant spell that word...looking back!)

hope you find somewhere else karen for your linedancing and soon

Archived