wedding dress emergency!!!

rara0508

Are you supposed to get your dress dry cleaned BEFORE the wedding???

Is it worth the risk if you have beading and the cleaners don't guarantee against damage of beading?

I ask because I have just noticed a gray mark ( about 2 inches long) on the lower right front of the dress, It's only noticeable if you are looking for it. I think it happened in the alteration process and I have just found it!

I don't know if I should leave it or mess with it... HELP!!! we leave in about 3 weeks.

I am wondering if you could call the person that did the alterations and see what they suggest. I know for myself, I cleaned my wedding dress after my wedding and it cost about $300.00 because of all of the beading etc. I would also maybe check with the place that you bought your dress...they should be able to offer some advice. Perhaps it could just be spot cleaned in that area. Hope this helps.:)

First, don't panic!! Try taking it to a dependable professional cleaner and ask to have it spot cleaned to remove the mark. They should have no problem doing that.

You probably should not have the whole dress dry cleaned, especially if it is silk and has beading and applied lace and such. But you might ask them to steam it prior the wedding if it has become creased or wrinkled.

Archived