Alarm company

Does anyone inform your alarm company you are going away on vacation for 2 weeks? Normally I would tell a neighbour to look out for the house but we just moved to a brand new street with obviously all new neighbours and we don't really know them yet.... I MIGHT have someone stop by the house if the weather is warm to water my garden but I would hate for her to go out of her way to check to make sure the doors are still closed and locked. What do you all normally do?

I own an alarm company. Most customers call us to tell us to skip them on their call list while they're on vacation. One tip...make sure the people on your call list know you're out of town. Leave contact information (ship, sail date, return date, RCCL phone number) with the people on your call list as well. In case something happens they can reach you.

Have a great cruise!

And, don't forget to call your credit card company and tell them where you'll be so they don't refuse the charges.

Have fun planning :D

###

Great point. When traveling on Explorer last year I received a message to come to the purser's desk. They said my card had been declined. It was the RCCL card. Lots of room on it; even called MBNA to tell them we were going on a cruise. I had to call MBNA fraud department from the puser's desk (at RCCL's expense) and say I was the cardholder and was on a cruise. They said charging was stopped by the fraud deparment because multiple transactions were coming from one vendor. They fixed everything in the system and we were good-to-go. But it was embarrassing to explain this to a purser in front of a line of people, especially since I thought it was handled by me with a call before the cruise!

And, don't forget to call your credit card company and tell them where you'll be so they don't refuse the charges.

Have fun planning :D

###

Great point. When traveling on Explorer last year I received a message to come to the purser's desk. They said my card had been declined. It was the RCCL card. Lots of room on it; even called MBNA to tell them we were going on a cruise. I had to call MBNA fraud department from the puser's desk (at RCCL's expense) and say I was the cardholder and was on a cruise. They said charging was stopped by the fraud department because multiple transactions were coming from one vendor. They fixed everything in the system and we were good-to-go. But it was embarrassing to explain this to a purser in front of a line of people, especially since I thought it was handled by me with a call before the cruise!

Archived