Princess shuttles?

cs1

As I recall, in many ports last year on the Millenium Med Itinerary, the ship provided shuttle bus transportation. Does anyone know if Princess provides shuttle bus transport in any of the following cities: Gdynia (Gdansk), Helsinki, Tallin, or Copenhagen?

As I recall, in many ports last year on the Millenium Med Itinerary, the ship provided shuttle bus transportation. Does anyone know if Princess provides shuttle bus transport in any of the following cities: Gdynia (Gdansk), Helsinki, Tallin, or Copenhagen?

Princess does not run shuttles any longer, however independent operators do run shuttles in Helsinki and Tallinn. In Copenhagen they run on the day of arrival after leaving Warnemunde.

JOhn,

I don't quite understand about the shuttle in Copenhagen. Do you mean they run in Copenhagen on the day of departure (for oncoming passengers) and day of arrival(for departing passengers)? If so, where do the shuttles stop in copenhagen?

Unfortunately there are no shuttles in Copenhagen on "turnaround" days. Shuttles only operate when the ship arrives in port the day before passengers depart, i.e. ONLY on cruises that call at Warnemunde. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Copenhagen at around 1:00pm and the shuttle runs throughout the afternoon until 7:00pm. I'm not sure yet where the shuttle will drop you this year --- some years it stops in the Kings New Square, and other times in the Town Hall Square. Either way, it's central Copenhagen.

This summer there are only 3 of the 13 cruises that Star Princess is scheduled to call at Warnemunde.

John

Thank for the info! So, are the independent shuttles just waiting outside of the ship, you pay a fee and get on? Also, how about Gdansk? How do we get from Gdynia to Gdansk?

CS

Full details of the shuttles are posted in the ship's information paper "Princess Patter" but basically the shuttles wait close to the gangway and you pay in cash at the bus (last year $4 per person each way).

As for Gdynia, you can negotiate with the taxis at the dockside ($60-$80 per taxi) to take you the 40mins into Gdansk, wait 90 mins or so and bring you back to the ship. Alternatively take a taxi to the main train station ($7-$10 per taxi depending on time of day) and then take the train into Gdansk ( 40mins, approx 4zl per person each way). That is equivalent to about $1.25 but you must buy the ticket with local currency. ATMs are near the station and there is a Kantor (money exchange) in the station. Taxi drivers take $. Trains run frequently. From Gadnsk station it's about 1/4 mile walk to old Gdansk.

Archived