Can a recent Millennium passenger post a review?

Laurba99

My family is going on Sunday and I would love to hear a recent account of what it is like on this ship :) Thanks!!!!

My wife and I are also on the April 16th sailing. My sister in Law told us to expect a very enjoyable cruise. Looks like we will find out soon enough for ourselves see you there

Laurba99,

Don't know if you've looked at it already, but scroll down to a thread I started "Star Princess Cruiser Needs Celebrity Information." (I'd include a link, but I'm not sure how to do that.) I give a short review of my cruise on the Millie on 4/2. It was my first X cruise, and I received some good tips beforehand from Host Anne and others that may also be helpful to your folks. Hope they have a great time! dagadget, have a wonderful time too!

Laurba99,

Don't know if you've looked at it already, but scroll down to a thread I started "Star Princess Cruiser Needs Celebrity Information." (I'd include a link, but I'm not sure how to do that.) I give a short review of my cruise on the Millie on 4/2. It was my first X cruise, and I received some good tips beforehand from Host Anne and others that may also be helpful to your folks. Hope they have a great time! dagadget, have a wonderful time too!

Thanks

I intend on doing just that. I looked at your thread and it was very good indeed. Looking to help others with cruising as soon as I get back too. Again thanks for the have fun and it is to bad you are not on this one as well :)

That was a great thread! Thank you! I cut and pasted several little blurbs for my Dad to read--At this point he is probably like--whatever--we'll see everything for ourselves on Sunday! :) I am just anal and I don't want them to miss anything!~~!~

I am reading this while on my lunch hour and haven't had a chance to write my review yet, though I plan to do so this weekend!

In a nutshell, we had a wonderful cruise: this was our third sailing on the Millennium and the ship was in wonderful condition! The food was the best ever! Staff and service was excellent! The ports were great! The only problem was that 7 days was too short!!!!! :D Never again will we cruise for less than 10 days!! My best advice: enjoy every minute!!

Please ask any questions and I will be happy to answer them!

have you already clicked on "reviews" all the way on top , in the blue. when you click on that-then go to members reviews- and click on especially the Millie.

all the M class ships are really great. The reviews also helps you to keep in mind to look for the little things

eg. sushi in the evening in the aft

eg. for breakfast, in the buffet, make sure you go all the way towards the aft to enjoy the omlet and waffle bar ( its easy to not to even know they are there )

eg, the cova cafe-the coffee is excellent but you pay for it extra, but all the pastries are free

Happy cruising ( we arent sailing again till Feb. And that will be the Summit 14 day, Panama cruise )

Nadine

I am reading this while on my lunch hour and haven't had a chance to write my review yet, though I plan to do so this weekend!

In a nutshell, we had a wonderful cruise: this was our third sailing on the Millennium and the ship was in wonderful condition! The food was the best ever! Staff and service was excellent! The ports were great! The only problem was that 7 days was too short!!!!! :D Never again will we cruise for less than 10 days!! My best advice: enjoy every minute!!

Please ask any questions and I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks!

After all the negative reviews I was happy to see your brief comments. I will find out for myself tomorrow, but it really helped to see how much you enjoyed your cruise..

We, personally, did not notice any foul odors anywhere on the ship at any time. Fellow passengers did mention a few hours, on one day, during which there were plumbing problems, however, we were off the ship during this time and did not encounter any problems or after effects.

I spend 28 beautiful days on Millennium in March and have been wanting to go back ever since we disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale on April 2. I am pretty sure if you board the ship with the intention to look for 'wear and tear', that you will find something to complain about - that goes for any cruise ship that handles 1800+ passengers week after week. If you board with the intention to have a great vacation, you will have a fabulous time.

The food was excellent (as always), the service was the best we ever had (waiters, cabin attendants, guest relations, etc.), the sights in South America were spectacular, and the Martini's still are to die for. All the special Celebrity touches are in place (cold towels when return to the ship, sorbets on parade, etc.). Tender operations (I saw some complaints about that from previous cruisers) were quick and efficient.

As to the bad smell, I noticed it only once, when we hit the big storm of the coast of Chile (35 feet waves). At that time however, the waves and the sound of glass breaking throughout the ship was much more exciting then the smell. It disappeared as soon as the sea quieted down.

Simon Weir is currently Cruise Director on Millennium. He will stay on until the end of May, then go on vacation, and return to Millennium in July for another 6 month period (if my memory serves my right).

Captain Bouzakis was the best Captain we ever had. He is the first Captain I have sailed with who managed to make funny jokes during his speeches. He was very informative, visible and more important, he opened up the bridge for tours (Elite members).

During these 28 days, Captain Bouzakis and his team handled a series of very unfortunate events exceptionally well (the gangway collapsing into the ocean while docked at Puerto Madryn, a medical diversion, a big storm, the tragic accident in Chile that killed 12 of our fellow passengers, a passenger dying of a heart attack in the pool area). It is during such difficult times that you notice that Celebrity truly has its act together. And quite frankly, it makes all the whining on Cruise Critic about 'wear and tear' and 'bad smells' sound pathetic.

There is no reason whatsoever to avoid Millennium or to worry about an upcoming cruise. I myself am seriously considering to cancel my Baltics cruise on the Constellation in August in favor of a Venice-Barcelona cruise on Millennium.

Enjoy cruising, enjoy live. Live is much to short to spend it worrying about insignificant things.

Floris

Did you notice any foul smells whilst onboard! People are still posting with this and would love to hear from someone who has been on the ship recently.

Thanks

I just returned from a cruise on Millennium (April 2-9) and we noticed a foul sewage smell quite often. Our cabin was midship on deck 9 and I swear I will not sail on Millie again unless they get the odor problem solved. I didn't check out all decks but I'm sure it wasn't limited to just deck 9. It seemed to be mostly in the hallways that it smelled; except our cabin seemed to smell and not to any of our doings.;) We nicknamed our cabin the "Outhouse" because there were times that it was just horrible.

I did however enjoy the cruise; the major areas like the dining room, the lounges, the pool area, the buffet and most common areas did not smell. Like MiamiRoo stated the food was great and so was the service. I do like X and will continue to cruise with them just not on Millennium.

If you happen to go the disco please tell Constantine hello from Jo and Dana.

Have a great time

It seems like there are numerous threads on this same subject, so I guess you folks must like to hear about this same subject, over and over again. We were on the same cruise as Jo and Dana. As a matter of fact, they were our diner table mates, Hi jo and Dana.

As we posted on the other threads, we were on deck 7, all the way aft. The first two days at sea, on the way to Puerto Rico at a high cruising speed, you could notice the odor in the passage way from about midships to all the way aft. We never noticed it in any public room or our cabin. After the first couple of days it was pretty much gone from even the passage ways on deck 7. I thought all other aspects of the cruise were great. For more details please see my posts on the other threads.

We were also on the Millennium March 5-20. It was an amazing cruise. The ship was in very good condition. I had no complaints. I highly agree with the other posting concerning his 28 day cruise. The captain in my opinion is the BEST. we hit some really rough weather and this was the only time I smelled any sewage odor. It lasted a short time, until the seas were calm again. It was the least of my concerns as we were sailing with waves of 35 ft.

Our cabin was inside on deck 2. The best place to be when sailing in rough waters. I would return to the Millennium any time. It was a cruise of many wonderful memories.

Archived