Aft Cabin Strategy Needed

wesp

I am looking at a cruise that is a year away (April 2007). DW and I are spoiled and would like an aft cabin, but none are available when searching on-line. Assuming that these cabins are already held with deposits, what is the best strategy to try and catch one on the fly when a deposit is returned? Will a cruise line allow you to wait list on a specific cabin or cabins? Or is this luck of the draw by repeated checking on-line? :cool:

What hints can you offer?

Thanks!

Wesley

This is what we've done in the past (maybe I shouldn't be giving away my secrets!)...book a concierge class cabin, and right before final payment is due (usually a few days) check X's website OFTEN. They crop up, and that's when you need to take action. Also notifiy your TA that this is your intention, so they are alerted that this is ultimately the cabin you want.

If you not concerned with what deck you want...then you may have a good chance of securing an Aft.

Good luck,

Karyn

Not sure I want to give away my secret either.....hee hee

I just got an aft cabin on Infinity last week for a Christmas cruise to South America. Can't believe it and I'm still shocked. I was just puttering around on X's website and was checking out all the cabins and lo and behold there were 2......yes, TWO aft cabins available. I called my TA and was shaking I wanted the dang thing so bad. I kept saying to her...."HURRY UP, HURRY UP", I didn't want to lose it :)

I was originally booked on a 2C, but my TA changed it in just a few seconds. I think she had to call Celebrity to make the change, but it was done quickly. I refreshed my screen and both cabins that were available disappeared. That's how fast they go.........amazing.

• 1 month later...

Just did the same thing this morning for a September 2007 cruise.

There were no CC afts available on any sites. I emailed my TA and within minutes, I had a quote and an aft cabin, 7203. You may either have to email/call Celebrity or your TA. Don't go by just what's available on any online site. Good luck. ;)

Karen

Baltimore

I am looking at a cruise that is a year away (April 2007). DW and I are spoiled and would like an aft cabin, but none are available when searching on-line. Assuming that these cabins are already held with deposits, what is the best strategy to try and catch one on the fly when a deposit is returned? Will a cruise line allow you to wait list on a specific cabin or cabins? Or is this luck of the draw by repeated checking on-line? :cool:

What hints can you offer?

Thanks!

Wesley

On the right, under Planning a Cruise? add your pertinent info and it will give you a list of all sailings. Choose a sailing, then choose a cabin category and some available cabins will show. If the cabin you desire is not shown as available, call Celebrity and ask if it is available for your sailing date. I believe the Celebrity site will only show you 3 cabins at a time. Hope this helps some.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/home.do;jsessionid=0000H_TUDCBLDU-vW5FpBwkY7Dy:1051tg34t

I also would like to know how to use the Celebrity web site to check for availability of certain cabins. Can anyone help me out, please?

I will let you in on a little secret.

If you are referring to the FV cabins on the aft on the ship, they probably are not sold out. I was checking on a cruise for May 2007 on one of the M class ships the week that the sailing date was available for purchase. When I saw that the cabins were supposedly sold out, I called Celebrity and told them I was ready to put a deposit down and they released a cabin to me. The FV's were being held back for families of 5 (that is what Celebrity told me) and we are a family of 4 and Celebrity told me that they could not book the cabin for only 4 people. When I told them our family of 4 booked this cabin category before, the representative started making some calls in-house for me and was finally able to release the cabin that I requested. I had to do some heavy persuading and the representative on the phone kept placing me on hold and checking with all of the different departments she could to finally release a cabin.

Bottom line, a little persistance paid off.

Good luck to you.

I will let you in on a little secret.

If you are referring to the FV cabins on the aft on the ship, they probably are not sold out. I was checking on a cruise for May 2007 on one of the M class ships the week that the sailing date was available for purchase. When I saw that the cabins were supposedly sold out, I called Celebrity and told them I was ready to put a deposit down and they released a cabin to me. The FV's were being held back for families of 5 (that is what Celebrity told me) and we are a family of 4 and Celebrity told me that they could not book the cabin for only 4 people. When I told them our family of 4 booked this cabin category before, the representative started making some calls in-house for me and was finally able to release the cabin that I requested. I had to do some heavy persuading and the representative on the phone kept placing me on hold and checking with all of the different departments she could to finally release a cabin.

Bottom line, a little persistance paid off.

Good luck to you.

That and a good TA who will do the work for you.

Very good tomvest - go after what you want.

royalflush, don't give up 6144. In my opinion, the balcony beats the aft hands down. Loved that balcony (and cabin). Wood floors with 2 padded loungers, 2 padded chairs and a large table. Also tucked in between all those suites. Nice location.

You get the benefit of a large balcony and you can still see forward. We just don't like looking backward all the time and the tunnel effect of the aft balconies, but that's just me and my wife.

Duane

Good advice. Better views, No constant curned up water, no vibration. You'll love the Secrets of Six: 6135, 6136, 6143, 6144!

Each to his own. Three times have had an aft cabin. In March, we had 6143. I do prefer the aft because of the view;) . I love to watch the wake especially at night. It is lit by aft lights.:rolleyes:

Do get me wrong. 6143 is my second choice...lovely balcony but I don't need to see ahead the way I would while driving a car.:D

Archived