Excellent tan product

I have never heard of it. Where can you purchase it?

thank you for the recommendation

Nadine

I'd love to know too. I haven't been able to go tanning like I always do before our cruises because of my chemo and right now I'm looking very pale. This time next week I'll be boarding the ship, so I'd love to add a little color before then.

Thanks,

Sue

I have never heard of it. Where can you purchase it?

thank you for the recommendation

Nadine

Over here it's available in supermarkets/chemists.

It is nothing like a fake tan; you just use if for every day instead of your norrmal moisturisor and it gradually lightly colours your skin. Doesn't settle in dry patches etc, doesn't come off in water. Amazing stuff.

Mary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sue!

Question regarding chemo, Do you have any problem in the sun? DH on chemo, gemcedibine, and or Zeloda pills. We board the Radiance on the 21st for the SanDiego to Vacouver repositioning cruise. We have moved from Salmon Arm to Vernon as hubby no longer works and our 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren are here. Wishing you the best with your treatments. RNRPLACE (Ron and RoseAnn)

Over here it's available in supermarkets/chemists.

It is nothing like a fake tan; you just use if for every day instead of your norrmal moisturisor and it gradually lightly colours your skin. Doesn't settle in dry patches etc, doesn't come off in water. Amazing stuff.

Mary

I have been using a similar product from Avon called Sleek and Slim or Sleek and Shine, something like that. It's fantastic!!! It's so gradual, it's amazing. I've never had good luck with traditional self tanners....I always get streaks. I will not got to a tanning salon, so this is a great alternative to combat my pale post Canadian winter whiteness.

I have been using Dove Energy Glow and I Love It!! It works great; just use like your regular lotion out of the shower. I started using it about three weeks ago after my cruise and I still look very tan. No streaks. The only thing I noticed was I got a little spot on the bottom of my foot. Have to be more careful. I normally go to the tanning bed, but this definitely makes me feel better about skin cancer.

Just fyi, if you plan on swimming and using a "fake tanner" beware that it can come off... they are great for adding that tan look but if you plan on going in the water, esp chlorine.

Bronzers will wash off, but self-tanning lotions interact with the skin to cause a color change. It doesn't wash off. It fades with time.

I have been using Dove Energy Glow and I Love It!! It works great; just use like your regular lotion out of the shower. I started using it about three weeks ago after my cruise and I still look very tan. No streaks. The only thing I noticed was I got a little spot on the bottom of my foot. Have to be more careful. I normally go to the tanning bed, but this definitely makes me feel better about skin cancer.

I have this and really love it. I've tried the jergens, L'Oreal, and the other one but the Dove works the best for me.

Does the Dove have that same self-tanner odor to it? I use Jergens and it works fine but I don't like the smell.

I have used the Dove and I don't think it smells bad. I have also used the Jergens Natural Glow, and it does smell bad - not self tanner bad - just an unpleasent smell. I just make sure to use them as my moisturizer before bed rather than in the morning.

I don't think that Dove Energy Glow smells bad. It definitely doesn't smell like a self-tanner. It really works great and looks very natural. My friend asked me the other day how often I went to the tanning bed. She couldn't believe it when I told her I hadn't been since before my cruise. I don't use the Dove on my face though. I recently bought some Neutrogena gradual tan for faces. I have only used it twice and can't really tell. I will let you know if it works good. I don't like the smell of it as good as Dove.

I've been reading raves about Johnson's Holiday Tan but have have not been able to find it. I've looked at 2 Wal-marts and Walgreens.

Any suggestions on where I could find this product.

:cool: Jacque

I just can't imagine how this would happen with these products. I can't even tell a difference unless I use it every single day for a week. But I just put it on like a regular moisturizer - I don't pay any attention to using it like a self-tanner. And I've never had the first streak or blotch - it's way too gradual. How odd. Maybe it's just the difference in skin types and coloring.:confused:

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. I put in on every morning after my shower. I've tried a thin layer, like I do lotion. I've tried using a little more, and trying to be sure I put it on each area evenly. I've tried putting more on the areas that are paler and look like I haven't put enough on them the day befoire.

The blotchiness is especially bad at the back of my ankles--it looks like I'm dirty. Maybe Jergens isn't the right brand for me--I like the concept, so may try another brand.

I've used the Jergens and the Neutregena build a tan and had good luck with both of them. Of course there is a trick to making sure you get it on smooth. Be sure to put it on in circles and both directions. Just slathering it on like we do lotion won't work very well.

On another board several of the ladies are singing the praises of a product called Fake Bake. You have to order it from their website and it does look a bit more expensive but they're just ga-ga over it. Supposedly has a coloring agent in it that is temporary and allows you to see where you've applied the product so you can avoid the streaking problem.

Once I use up all my neurtrogena I'm going to give it a try. Any of ya'll used it?

Just slathering it on like we do lotion won't work very well.

On another board several of the ladies are singing the praises of a product called Fake Bake. You have to order it from their website and it does look a bit more expensive but they're just ga-ga over it. Supposedly has a coloring agent in it that is temporary and allows you to see where you've applied the product so you can avoid the streaking problem.

Once I use up all my neurtrogena I'm going to give it a try. Any of ya'll used it?

See, I do "slather" - I put them on eactly as I do a moisturizer - they really are terribly gradual on me. Never a streak or a blotch - but not much of a tan either. The fake bake is a different product - a regular self tanner. If you don't want to take pains putting it on, then you probably would not like it. The gal that posted gave a dissertation on the application of it.

I use Loreal Sublime gel selftanner; I smooth it on over pre-moisturized skin (that is the key) and it goes on streak free. I've never used anything else since (other than these tanner/moisturizers we've been discussing).

I've used the Jergens and the Neutregena build a tan and had good luck with both of them. Of course there is a trick to making sure you get it on smooth. Be sure to put it on in circles and both directions. Just slathering it on like we do lotion won't work very well.

I discovered Fake Bake a month or so ago, and reported my findings here.

The rerults were fantastic, although a little time consuming at first. But, once you get the hang of the application, it takes only minutes.The tan is TOTALLY different than the sunless ones I have tried before.

I , after using Fake Bake, compared it to the Loreal Sublime I had used last summer with good results.I can't describe the difference in the color of the tan from Fake Bake. Needless to say, I tossed the rest of Loreal and went online and ordered 3 more bottles of Fake Bake!Totally worth the price and lasts much longer.:D

Archived