I already have my ressies, should I >>>>>

funhouse8

Hi, I have seven rooms booked on RCL for this DEc. I was thinking maybe I should transfer our reservations to a travel agent to get some perks. Do you think I can do this safely. We have all our rooms together and I don't want to mess with that. Also is it easier to deal with RCL or a private travel agent? Can I still make my trip Excursions with RCL web site or would this have to be done with the travel agent. Thanks for all your help. Gina

PS, CAn someone give me the link to the trip insurance web site. Thanks

Not sure how many perks you can get from a TA when you already have your cabins but you could check. Maybe ou can get an upgrade that will keep all cabins together.

You can do your excursions on the website even if you have a TA so that isn't a problem.

Here is the travel insurance we always get.

http://www.travelguard.com.

We purchase the "ProtectAssist" Plan.

Usually, the "perks" are offered as an enticement for booking a cruise - not after you have already finalized reservations.

I wouldn't take the chance of having seven cabins changed around. If you're happy with your cabin arrangements, I would definitely leave it status quo.;)

Do you have them booked directly with RCI? If so, it should be easy to transfer the booking to an agent of your choice. I don't think you would have to give up your already reserved cabins to do this.

If a TA gives perks to their clients, it's all up to them. Usually, there is no incentive from the cruise line until there are 8 cabins booked, double occupancy. Then, there is one berth free, except for taxes and port charges. It's possible a travel agent can book another cabin into your group to obtain the rate. You don't have to know who the other person is, they won't be a part of your group, just your booking group.

www.insuremytrip will allow you to compare insurance quotes.

You can do your excursions however you choose. My only piece of advice would be, don't ever try to keep the group together!

Don't know what ship you'll be on but Carnival let us switch our booking over to our TA when we called them and booked. She then handled it for us. We didn't lose the cabin we booked. (Had to book THAT night and couldn't get in touch with our TA)

Thanks so much for your replies..

Question for Happy ks,

Can you explain why you stated this.

" You can do your excursions however you choose. My only piece of advice would be, don't ever try to keep the group together!"

This group is my sisters family & mine we were thinking of doing a couple excursions together is thee any reason we shouldn't do this. Thanks, Gina

Archived