X European Cruisetour - Anyone Done One?

DaytonGirl

Hi,

Has anyone done a Celebrity cruisetour in Europe? I'd love to hear about it if you have.

The biggest question -- do they handle your luggage between cities? I'm specifically wondering about the Venice-Florence-Rome pretour. I can't imagine having to drag two weeks worth of luggage on the trains across Italy.

I'd love to hear any feedback.

Becky

We did Milan to Venice cruise tour last summer on Millie and everything is well taken care of, including luggage transfers. We just had to pack them before we checked out and left them outside our hotel rooms. Not quite sure how they arrived but all I know is we didn't have to worry about it at all.

Faye

Hi Becky,

My husband and I were on a Celebrity cruisetour in Alaska last year and they did a great job of moving us from one place to another. We never carried a bag, they were always picked up and delivered to our rooms (we traveled by bus, train, and plane). The tour and the tour director were wonderful and the hotels were very nice. We are considering a cruisetour in Europe next year and I am also very interested in what the "Celebrity cruisetour veterans" have to add on this topic. I hope to hear they do as good a job in Europe as they do in Alaska.

Mary Ann

I'm really glad to hear X is consistently efficient in all of their tour packages.

We just returned from the Galapagos where they handled pre and post stays in Quito with tours, meals and air transfers to and from the Galapagos. Everything was so effortless I kept thinking "What's the Catch?"

I was hoping Europe would be the same. I knew if I had to handle my own luggage it would definitely influence the amount I would bring. We were talking about skipping formal nights (suits and gowns are heavy!) and ordering room service!

Archived