Watch you Step in Puerto Vallarta

WebStir4

We just returned from a cruise that went to the Mexican Riviera. One of the ports we visited was Puerto Vallarta. THE STREETS ARE IN TERRIBLE CONDITION. BE CAREFUL WALKING THERE. My husband fell and broke his nose and also needed eight stitches. This was on a shore excursion tour of city and coastal. We stopped on the roadway to see the view, hold an iguna, and take pictures. There were steps which were too short and broken up.

In the emergency room we met another passenger from our ship who also fell and broke her nose. This woman was walking to the tour buses for a shore excursion.

Just watch your step while walking. It is a very hilly place and the cement is broken and/or uneven.

Watch your step anywhere you go in Mexico! Even streets and sidewalks are not much of a priority there (they are not a "sue happy" society or it soon would be! ;) )

I have noticed this everywhere I have been in Mexico - P.V., Mazatlan and Cabo and even in T.J., Ensenada and Rosarito Beach. Sometimes the sidewalks are so high that you trip if you aren't paying attention when you step up. Streets are full of pot holes too!

Sorry about your hubby's nose - hope it didn't ruin the cruise for him!

Archived