Canival too short...

rucruizin

I love Carnival.

I've had a few exceptions but for the most part I feel that Carnival food, entertainment and service is every bit as good, if not better than the more upscale lines.

My biggest complaint and the reason for not choosing Carnival for the past couple cruises is the length of the cruise.

How many of you out there get off a 7 day cruise and go..."gee it's nice to finally be off that ship."

I want Carnival to offer longer cruises so I can stay with my favorite line but still go to all the great longer cruise destinations.

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD CRUISE WITH CARNIVAL ON 10 DAY CRUISES?

Maybe if enough of us show interest they might consider offering some longer cruises to more varied destinations.

Maybe since they own every other line in the world they don't care????

Glad you started this new thread... the other one was definitely hijacked.

Yes.... we would book the longer itineraries (10 days or more) if they were offered. The 7 day cruises, as you noted in your original post, tend to stop at the same ports and after a while, you've seen them all. Of course, since the ship's the thing, staying on board is always an option! ;)

Yes to longer cruises on Carnival!

My friend is booked on the Liberty this December for a long cruise in Europe. I think it is a 16 Day Transatlantic.

Carnival had a big article on Miami.com a couple of weeks ago about how they are planning on moving away from the Caribbean and exploring Europe and offering longer cruises.

I want Carnival to offer longer cruises so I can stay with my favorite line but still go to all the great longer cruise destinations.

Im very happy with Carnivals 7 and 8 DAY Cruises, I have done a 10 day cruise on the Paradise when it was in the Caribbean and also a Non Smoking ship. It was pretty much a retirement cruise, not very many young or middle aged people onboard and there was a team of Scooters that would run you over if you didnt move fast enough LOL.

I also sailed on a 14 day Princess Cruise, that also was a Retirement Cruise, there were a handfull of people our age and the Disco was closed by 8:30pm:eek: The food was Soft due to people use dentures and the entertanment was catered to the older folks. So this is why I stick with the 7 and 8 day cruises, never again would I sail on anything over 8 days.

Dont get me wrong, I love cruising with the older folks, with the 7 or 8 day cruise, you get a well mixed crowd of ages.

Fred

RU - smart move - thanks!

:D YES - I would love it if Carnival offered longer cruises to different destinations. For example:

Out of Florida - a 14 or longer day cruise to the Southern Caribbean - South America - or a round trip transAtlantic would be nice.:)

Round trip from San Diego or Ensanada to Hawaii - fabulous!

Woudl love to hear other suggestions - but I know I would book a longer cruise in a heartbeat! For now my BTB on the Triumph will keep me satisfied!

I'm not sure a b2b would do it for me because of coming back to the embarkation port, but then you would get a long cruise with that good mix of passengers. Most younger people can't afford time or money to go on a longer cruise. I too would love a 10 day, with a good mix of ports and sea days. My dd and I are on the Liberty for the 12 day Med cruise but I think that's different because of the itinerary.

Not me. I prefer doing 2- 7 day cruises each year, although next year I'm squeezing in a 3rd. If I was doing 10-14 day cruises, I couldn't do that... hard enough to be away from the office for a week... If I do a longer cruise, I want it to be Europe or Hawaii... I have no desire to see the Caribbean for 2 weeks :p Generally, I guess my cruises don't fly by, and I am ready to be home when I get home. I make sure those 7 days are quality days, spent with quality people... and usually love every minute of it!! Sure, by the end I'm sad... but I'm also ready to get back to the nightmare that awaits me :rolleyes:

Maybe if enough of us show interest they might consider offering some longer cruises to more varied destinations.
Don't count on it.
Now you've got it. The longer cruises typically attract an older demographic and HAL, Cunard, Princess, etc. already have that covered. Carnival wants to be all things to all people wihin the 3-8 day market, so other than the occasional repo itinerary, you're not going to see Carnival move into the longer cruise arena.

Actually my second cruise with Carnival on the Jubilee we couldn't WAIT to get off that cruise and never look back! The reason being is that we had VERY rough seas the last day and night and our cabin location was extreme foreward. It was a miserable last day and at that time we never wanted to SEE another moving vessel, much less sail on one! :eek: However, we were also naive about preventative motion sickness meds. We are now more knowledgeable and I've also never experienced any movement as rough as that again. I always book midship now, as well.

As for longer cruises, I sailed on the Sun Princess for 10 nights which was very nice, but we did notice more walkers and small, electric scooters. I think it would be more fun to do two 7-day back-to-back cruises on different ships. If that's not possible, if I liked the itinerary a lot, as well as the ship, I could easily opt for staying on the same ship. While the 10-nighter was still hopping on certain days and nights (Princess puts on a fabulous Island Night Deck Party and on formal night a free Champagne Pyramid in the atrium)....I think two 7-nighters on different ships and even cruiselines would be a lot of fun.

I think if I were cruising for 10 nights or longer, I would either go with Princess or give RCI a try. (their newer and larger ships.) I would love to try one of their Voyager class ships. Too bad I live on the West coast. I think spending 10 nights on the Radiance of the Sea sounds nice, too.

Since I've never sailed on any of Carnival's newer/larger ships, I'm not sure if I would cruise with them on a longer cruise. Truth be known, four years ago I was booked to sail on the Elation for 7 days down to the Mexican Riviera (my regular stomping grounds:) HOWEVER, I noticed where the brand new Star Princess was doing the same itinerary for virtually the same price. It was a no-brainer. I wanted to try Princess and I definitely wanted to sail on a larger, new ship. I didn't regret changing at all! Gawd, what a gorgeous ship! No comparison to the Carnival ships I had sailed in the past. And, now unless Carnival can offer one of their new, BIG ships in a pleasing decor, if Princess is offering the same itinerary on a nicer ship, I'll go with them everytime, hands down. The decor is just so much nicer. The buffet food is, too. OR if RCI brought out one of their super-mega ships, I would definitely give them a try. And, even if I did opt to go with Princess over Carnival, the money all goes into the same pot---Carnival Corporation. :p Hey, I like to spread the wealth and I'm not loyal to any one line. If the kind of ship I prefer is available and the price is right, I'm willing to try 'em all! :D

I love Carnival.

I've had a few exceptions but for the most part I feel that Carnival food, entertainment and service is every bit as good, if not better than the more upscale lines.

My biggest complaint and the reason for not choosing Carnival for the past couple cruises is the length of the cruise.

How many of you out there get off a 7 day cruise and go..."gee it's nice to finally be off that ship."

DH and I are mid-20's with an almost-2-year-old son. Our work schedules and budget make anything longer than 8 days pretty much impossible. Plus, there's no way I'm taking a toddler on a cruise or leaving him for 10+ days, so no, I wouldn't book anything longer than an 8-day cruise.

Now if you ask me again in 20 years, I'll probably be all for a 14-nighter! But it's just not something we can do at this point in our lives.

I just booked a 12 day on the upcoming Carnival Freedom for next year. It's a European cruise which is probably why they made it longer. I honestly don't know anybody who chooses to fly to Europe for one week only. I know lots of people do it for work, but that's not to say it's a good idea!

From what I know about Carnival, their customers are mostly NOT retired. They also have kids who can't leave school any old time they want to. Budget is probably the biggest hurdle. The inside cabin sticker price for the particular 12 day I'm on is $1700, not your typical Carnival budget. Because of all this I don't see how long cruises could ever become Carnival's bread and butter, but you can hope and you can lobby!

I just booked a 12 day on the upcoming Carnival Freedom for next year. It's a European cruise which is probably why they made it longer. I honestly don't know anybody who chooses to fly to Europe for one week only. I know lots of people do it for work, but that's not to say it's a good idea!

From what I know about Carnival, their customers are mostly NOT retired. They also have kids who can't leave school any old time they want to. Budget is probably the biggest hurdle. The inside cabin sticker price for the particular 12 day I'm on is $1700, not your typical Carnival budget. Because of all this I don't see how long cruises could ever become Carnival's bread and butter, but you can hope and you can lobby!

I really don't think it is a budget issue at all... considering that the Liberty was oversold on most of their cruises, and it looks like the Freedom is heading that way. I didn't know there was a typical "Carnival" budget... the insides for the 12 day cruises on the Freedom start at $1099... not bad at all, and definitely fits in line with alot of other Carnival cruises. I guess I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Carnival cruisers can't afford anything better. I would be willing to bet that MANY can afford any of the lines out there or any length they want, but choose Carnival because it is more fun and they are still young... I personally think budget is the least of the concerns for a good portion. Just my opinion.

Carnival doesn't have any problem filling any of their longer cruises... Europe or Hawaii...

I think it is just Carnival's business model. Shorter cruises mean "More bums in the seats" as it were.

Carnival keeps the the longer Hawaiian and European trips full by limiting the number of them.

If Carnival didn't own two or three other lines doing longer itins, they may feel the pressure more.

All the above JMHO.

Hubby and I have to travel from Canada by air, so we have opted next time for a b2b. We are already putting out a lot of money for travel so we want to get our moneys worth once we hit the south. I would love however to do a b2b in the southern Carribbean or a 12-12

We come all the way from New Mexico and we too put out quite a bit for airfare. We always leave several days before the cruise and spend time in Florida prior to the cruise. Our Spring Fling is our only option for a cruise vacation short of hurricane season and we want to make the most of it by taking a long cruise. 10 day's is even shorter than I'm happy with.

Our only option at this point is the b2b's if we want to sail with Carnival and we have booked such for next March.

We booked the Legend for b2b 8 day cruises, I'm not crazy about having to come back and reload but at least both cruises do different itineraries. 16 day's is probably going to make me real happy but my Dr. asked me what my idea of a perfect cruise is...I told him 21 day's doing all the Caribbean islands.

Not sure we could swing the 21 days but hey as long as I'm dreaming...

Our previous land based vacations have always been 2 weeks, 1 is just not enough to get relaxed and forget about work. So it made sense that our cruise vacation also had to be 2 weeks. God, what kind of precedent have I set? Better warn the bank for future years....

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely book a ten-day!! Week long b2b is too much to leave the kids behind for...when they are older, we'll definitely do those!! But meanwhile...

I think we may try the 8 day Legend next - now that our Hawaii plans on are hold for one more year - LOVE the Legend Western itinerary!!!

Archived