Happy Easter LIVE from the Sapphire!

lkmamom

Happy Easter all. Just wanted to say thanks to all that have cruised the Sapphire and gave us so many helpful hints along the way.The ship is absolutely beautiful. I am really enjoying this platinum status!

The seas have been a little rough this morning and afternoon and DS has been out of comission today. I feel realy badly for him.I hope that he is feeling better by this evening. The Easter displays are beautiful and we celebrated a wonderful Easter Mass with about 300 fellow cruisers this morning. The Priest was fantastic, great speaker.

The cruise staff has been great. They all seem to get along so well and have been very helpful. There seems to be a lot of little kids, and the youth staff are very mindful of keeping them in line:)

There have been many warnings about cigarette smoking. I was surprised at how many times it has been addressed. Of course, we still found three cigarette butts on our balcony before we even set sail. Not gonna ruin my vacation!!!There seem to be a lot of first time cruisers on board this time, so many totally lost.This ship is kind of easy to get lost on.;)

Well, must go. Just wanted to say hi. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to find out answers. I will check back later. Adios for now.

Linda

Hi, I'm back. Just finished a very long port and shopping talk. To be honest, not as helpful as I had hoped. Big push for certain "jewelry stores" if you get my hint:) The seas have calmed and dear son is back to normal. To answer your question about the seas, pretty wavy the first evening but it has seemed to have calmed.:D

The Easter displays are huge chocolate Easter eggs and bunnies etc in the atrium and at the bars and pursur's desk. Really beautiful but not real chocolate.

The menus have changed a bit from our last cruise last summer. New and interesting things. Last night dinner was quite long because even the waiters were not familiar with the changes and not sure what particular things were.All of the food so far in the restaurants have has been wonderful.

So exciting, just met the Captain. What a very lovely man, he actually took the time to stop and talk for quite a while.Too bad I did not have my camera with me:(

Have a great day everyone. Now it is off to lunch!

Linda

Keep the ship in great condition because I will be on her in a month!

I am also curious about the menu changes - anything that you can write down and report later will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Linda,

DH & I were sailing on our honeymoon during Easter in 2001, we woke up on Easter morning and went down to the purser's desk to check our bill and we had a wonderful surprise of the Easter display. As you said the Easter displays were beautiful. We were so surprised we were almost in awe. Thanks for the memory.

Hi, I'm back. Just finished a very long port and shopping talk. To be honest, not as helpful as I had hoped. Big push for certain "jewelry stores" if you get my hint:)

Ah yes, our good friends at Diamonds International. You know there is no where is in the WORLD to get a better deal on diamonds. :rolleyes: I was really disappointed when we were in Cabo San Lucas as we got off the tender at the pier, the port and shopping director (the one who did all the shows on Princess TV) was walking around the DI display on the dock smoking a cigarette and in street clothes wearing a backpack waiting to speak to potential customers. I thought it was very unprofessional and really my only staff complaint I'd ever have for Princess.

Hi Linda,

So glad you are having such a wonderful time on the Sapphire. Isn't the ship beautiful? Wish I was on the ship with you. We had such a good time and I know you were so looking forward to this cruise.

Sorry your son got seasick. Thursday after you leave Cabo and then on Friday until the afternoon, could also be rough. That was actually the only rough time we even had, so just be prepared.

Interesting about the menu's. I know there were a few different things when we were on 2 weeks ago, but not that much.

Have a great time in PV tomorrow. We loved Mazatlan this time and the open air taxis. That was fun. Enjoy the sunshine and the ship.

Susan

Keep the ship in great condition because I will be on her in a month! I am also curious about the menu changes - anything that you can write down and report later will be greatly appreciated!

I am curious about the menu too, altho we have never been on a cruise, so I would not know the difference! We leave this coming Saturday (Apr. 22nd!!!)

I just got notice that we were touched by the 'upgrade fairy' that folks on this message board refer to. My tummy is still tickling...we had a mini-suite (wanted our first experience to be a good experience so DH would want to do this again) and we got upgraded to a penthouse suite....no idea what that is, but it sounds really nice...I am so excited...my co-worker keeps giving me the "allright-already" look. :D

I think it includes internet access and that is really a perk, since I have many siblings, six children and 23 grandchildren to write too! Anyone been in Caribe Room, 423? What is special about a "penthouse" other than the sound of it. I have done some reading but someone who has had one could tell me more. THANKS!! Joyciegirl

A suite also gets you........Free dry cleaning,a dvd/cd plater with a complimentary dvd library,free corsages/boutonniers on formal night,priority embarkation/disembarkation,free flower arrangements,free mini-bar set up, free canapes delivered to the suite, photo sitting in the suite, etc etc etc lucky you!

Hi everyone, quiet day, just returned from Mazatlan, not much that really interested us there.

When I return, I will try to post the new menu items. I did notice though, the Loveboat Dream is not offered anymore and they have now added Tournados of beef that are offered every night. They are delicious!!!!

I do not want to start a bad subject, but I really have to say this. Please, smokers.....if you do smoke, please do not throw your finished cigarettes overboard. Yesterday as we were sailing away from Puerto Va., someone from above threw their cigarette down and it burned our son's arm. Totally unecessary. First time that has ever happened, and the last I hope. Every morning, we have found large plastic cups broken on our balcony with fruit scattered.After talking to our neighbor yesterday, I guess we do not have it so bad, she has had buckets of broken beer bottles and fruit and garbage thrown on her balcony. Again, nothing like this has ever happened on any of our cruises.Two of our neighbors chairs were broken from falling debris. I do not want to sound like a grumpy old lady but I just hate that people feel like they have to be destructive to have a good time. :mad: Security is aware and watching.

The cruise has been very smooth since the first sea night. The night skies are just breathtaking. Yesterday at dinner, a school of dolphin followed along the ship for quite a while, so cool for the little ones.

Sorry for my rant above. It is not ruining our cruise, I just cannot believe that some cannot be considerate.

I just got notice that we were touched by the 'upgrade fairy' that folks on this message board refer to. My tummy is still tickling...we had a mini-suite (wanted our first experience to be a good experience so DH would want to do this again) and we got upgraded to a penthouse suite....no idea what that is, but it sounds really nice...I am so excited...my co-worker keeps giving me the "allright-already" look. :l

You will have a very nice cabin!

If you look at this website (it is of the Grand) - your cabin will look very similiar to C402:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

You will indeed be spoiled.

I do not want to start a bad subject, but I really have to say this. Please, smokers.....if you do smoke, please do not throw your finished cigarettes overboard. Yesterday as we were sailing away from Puerto Va., someone from above threw their cigarette down and it burned our son's arm. Totally unecessary. First time that has ever happened, and the last I hope. Every morning, we have found large plastic cups broken on our balcony with fruit scattered.After talking to our neighbor yesterday, I guess we do not have it so bad, she has had buckets of broken beer bottles and fruit and garbage thrown on her balcony. Again, nothing like this has ever happened on any of our cruises.Two of our neighbors chairs were broken from falling debris. I do not want to sound like a grumpy old lady but I just hate that people feel like they have to be destructive to have a good time. :mad: Security is aware and watching.

Sorry for my rant above. It is not ruining our cruise, I just cannot believe that some cannot be considerate.

I'm just wondering if these people are being talked to. The crew should be able to figure out which cabins are causing the problems or at least narrow it down. Someone injured your son, after all. And who knows what would have happened if someone walked out into their balcony and stepped on broken glass.:eek:

BTW, I'm curious if there was a Passover seder on board.

Archived