Rental Car Questions

Cdnmom2

I'm in need of some info about renting a car from Vancouver to Seattle. Do any of the car rental agencies have offices at the Ballantyne Pier :confused: ? We need to get a car for a one day rental.

Also, anyone know of any good discounts for cars? Right now to rent a SUV or minivan it will cost $300 US (depending if there's a one way drop off fee which stands at $100). I need to rent a car for my inlaws (seniors) & then a couple of days later, I need one for my family of 4. We know that Costco, AARP, & AAA all have "special member rates." Does anyone know if there are any other discounts available?

Thanks for the help for a 1st timer! PS - I grew up in Vancouver & now live in Ft. Lauderdale area. I have great knowledge to share if looking for "local stuff" to do!:D

The downtown Vancouver rental offices are a short cab ride away, also some may have shuttles. I have rented from Avis, Budget, Alamo and National on one way Vancouver/Seatac, there is also Hertz. Compare and go with the cheapest. Vans are in short supply and more costly.

We are going the same route coming back from the Serenade of the Seas on June 4. Prices have come down in the past six months and I have 2 cars booked(not sure who to go with). Avis and Alamo are both $127 canadian one way and both are in downtown Vancouver which is supposedly a 10 minute taxi ride. We are renting a midsize car but there are only 2 of us. Good Luck

Archived