HELP...Miracle Question...

bellazoemom

I just read on my cruise docs that you can't get onboard till 1:30 and you may have to wait outside.

Can you previous Miracle cruisers share your info with me?

When did you get into the terminal?

When were you allowed to board?

THANKS

Not sure specifically to the Miracle but most of our cruise documents have said 1:30 and we have always gotten to the terminal at 10:30 or 11:00 and on the ship by 12 or so and eating lunch shortly after.

Sue

I used to work at the Tampa terminal for debarkation/embarkation. It all depends on how fast the previous cruisers can get off the ship and get their bags. Customs determines how quickly the ship can clear. They have to get the drug-sniffing puppy to do his job first. Then, almost as the last passenger is gone, we began embarkation. Usually we'd start around 11:00, and sometimes a couple of lines would open early. It also depends on the number of wedding guests that need to be boarded early. Passengers usually start to board around 12:00, but the wait in the waiting area isn't bad. You probably need to hang out on the lido deck on check out the public rooms on the lower deck before you can get in your cabin--they usually ask that you go there after 1:00. However, if you plan to get there early, eat a very small breakfast and spend your time on the Lido deck having a relaxing lunch before the crowds show up.

I was on with Heidi and we were on by a little after 1pm.....again the award.... but we didn't wait outside at all .... we went in and went through security and the check in process waited in a holding area and boarded....

If you are worried about getting there to early the Florida Aquarium is right across the street and a great way to burn a few hours.... We pulled up in three taxis ... the porters came across the street and got our luggage .... we checked our carry on luggage at guest services at the aquarium while we walked around and picked it up when we were done... walked across the street and checked in...... the aquarium opens at 9 am... we were through it by noon....

We got to the pier at about 10:30 and were all boarded and having drinks and burgers poolside by 11:15. You will have to stand in a line outside, but it moves really fast. As long as all of the other pax are off the ship, they will start boarding. You will have to lug around whatever carry-on's that you have brought as you cannot go to your cabin until around 2:00 or so.

I think the important thing to remember is to be prepared not to board until 1:30pm. As sure as I tell someone "You'll be on by lunchtime" that will be the day that there is some kind of delay and they don't get to board until the documented time.

Usually what we do is eat a late, big breakfast, and I have some snacks in my bag. That way if we don't get on until 1:30pm, we are ok. If we get on earlier, then that is a bonus. We usually arrive between 10 and 10:30am.

Now that we are VIP (Platinum), I don't know if that will change the time we decide to get to the port...probably not.

Archived