On Board Booking Credit

Does anyone know if I can un-book and then re-book the same cruise while on board so that I can take advantage of the credit for booking on board? (Does that make sense?) I already have a cruise booked for October but have just now decided to cruise this June. While I am on the Grandeur in June, can I un-book my October cruise and then quickly re-book to take advantage of the on board credit? I booked the October cruise directly through RCCL.

Has anyone done this? Thanks for your help!

The thing you need to consider is how much has the price increased? If the price has not increased, nor has not increased to a point that makes the on board credit still worth it, then just make another reservation and cancel the first one when you get home.

Does anyone know if I can un-book and then re-book the same cruise while on board so that I can take advantage of the credit for booking on board?
For what you're asking, I believe the answer is no. That said, you can change the date of an existing reservation, which I believe is what you're trying to do.

No, actually I would like to keep my reservation - same ship, same date, same room, I just would like the on-board credit. I guess I want it all!!!! Sometimes it just doesn't work out, but that's ok!

Hmm....I'm not an expert, but I would think you could. I unbooked and rebooked my cruise this October when the 50pp onboard credit for the European cruises came up. Price was the same...the only thing I stood to lose was my exact cabin...but for a $200 total credit I was willing to take the chance! All turned out great, kept my cabin, got a new booking number...but the price was the same, cabin the same and now we have $200 for fun onboard!! No idea how that would work when booking onboard, but worth a try I'd think unless the prices go up....

Good Luck!

You will have to CANCEL the original booking and create a new booking. If the price has increased, you will have to do the new booking at the higher rate. (Of course, if the price has decreased, you would be able to take advantage of the lower fare.) You also will not automatically be able to get the same cabin. When you cancel it, the cabin goes back into general inventory. If it's a popular one, there may be someone on a waiting list for it.

Bottom line is that you will not simply be able to do a "paper" transfer onboard. You have to do a completely new booking and cancel the original one.

beachchick

We frequently book for our friends when we are on board. There is never an objection because we are usually booking for ourselves too for the same cruise. We were also told on our last cruise, if you book on board and later decide to change to a different date or ship, as long as you tell them you want to keep the same booking number, you get to keep the shipboard credit.

Archived