FREE ME OF MY FREEDOM (of the Seas)

To One and All,

Kindly be advised that I am not booked on a future Freedom of the Seas cruise.

I have not been invited by anyone to be on the inaugural voyage of a future Freedom of the Seas cruise.

I did not win a vacation on a future Freedom of the Seas cruise.

(A TA did call to say that RCI will not accept Monopoly money for my deposit for a future cruise.)

However, I would like to say how elated, happy and ecstatic I am that many of you are going to experience the excitement of this cruise. Wait, let me get up now and do a cartwheel......ugh,.........ouch,............oops!

Okay forget the cartwheel; here's a cheer - whoopee!

May I add that I am very happy not to have any plans to sail on FOS.When will they realize that bigger is not always better. Please build us a smaller ship!!!!!!

I agree 100%!!! After having been on some of the large mega ships, give me a smaller ship any day!!! My favorites are still the Majesty and Empress - I believe the smallest of the fleet.

Michele

May I add that I am very happy not to have any plans to sail on FOS.When will they realize that bigger is not always better. Please build us a smaller ship!!!!!!

I actually would love to eventually try the Freedom (or one in that class), but I'mwith you! I would love a smaller ship! I want something I can take out of Tampa, so it will have to fit under the Sunshine Skyway! Most of what goes out of here is older. I really enjoy the Voyager class, so I need to glamour to make up for the smaller size!

I'm not even making reservations on Freedom of the Seas until enough folks have done reviews here and I have assurances that I won't get caught in a stampede such as I experienced last year on another cruiseline.

My biggest concern about the number of passengers on this ship is that the potential for crowds jamming into limited space as they attempt to leave for excursions or to board the ship.

Those who do sail this ship, please, please tell us about how well crowds are managed for such cases.

I can only try to imagine what the tendering(and they will have 3 tender ports) will be like........:eek:

I want something I can take out of Tampa, so it will have to fit under the Sunshine Skyway! Most of what goes out of here is older. I really enjoy the Voyager class, so I need to glamour to make up for the smaller size!

I would LOVE a ship outta Tampa year round..............

we don't have a FOS cruise booked yet either- will wait to see if prices come down a tad on those balcony cabins before we go on this ship-

as far as crowds are concerned, i am thinking the larger the ship the more room per passenger - the tender ports could be a pain so will have to wait to see what everyone says about that...............

I'm just jealous of everyone getting ready to sail on FOS. It has to be exciting! I don't have anything booked because we just returned from AOS, and can only afford to cruise every 2 years. So I hope you all have a fantastic time!

As for crowds, I don't think I'd sweat that. The Voyager class ships don't feel crowded (except when looking for pool chairs) and I have total faith in RCI that they'll manage the crowds. Maybe they'll have super huge tenders to transport everyone.

At any rate, I can't wait to see the first reviews.

Well everyone - that's so sweet to wish us good luck. I'll post pictures and everything I can.

However - we're cruising March 18, 2007 - who's with us?? Come on -we're fun to hang around with. Just no cartwheels though - I OD'd on them as a cheerleader many years ago!

We are just having faith that this cruise will be what we expect it to be!

We are also the kind of couple that can enjoy just about any situation we are put in. I mean, how bad could it be cruising on a brand-new, HUGE, state-of-the-art cruise ship? I'm sure that we will make memories to last a lifetime!

I can't wait until June to board Freedom!

MM

I am on the first public cruise, Maiden Voyage, or whatever you call it. I am taking my two kids on their 1st cruise. I am excited to watch them enjoy the experience as well as the hype for the first cruise

I am booked for 02/2007 on Freedom can't wait. Hopefully size should not be a problem as VOS capicity is 3114 and Freedom capicity is 3634, what's another 500 passenger's???

3634 is at double occupancy; actual is over 4500.

I agree that she is not on my list for a pleasure cruise but I am happy to be aboard for the two day Boston sailing.

Yea, I probably won't have any fun at all...... Especially since it's the C&A member cruise on 10/15 and they'll be giving us free gifts every night and making us do stuff like watch cooking demos and maybe a tour of areas behind the scene...... And those hot tubs that hang over the side! :eek: They are gonna have to bribe me to sit in those! And those bigger balconies are really gonna suck! :p Yeah! Poor Me!!!!! :D Oh! And it's my first cruise as Platinum, not anywhere near as cool as diamond, but I'll suffer through somehow..... ;)

We (scratch that - my parents as they're paying the bill) decided to not do the Freedom because it's so much more expensive, and not all the kinks we probably be worked out.

Personally, I want to see some reviews of the ship first.

Actually the Crown & Anchor cruise on Oct 15 was quite reasonable as I booked it last summer.. there was a C& A coupon and only about $710. for the promenade cabin I am in.. paying less than my first Voyager class cruise on Navigator in 2003 for the same cat cabin...

Looking forward to experiencing my first C&A cruise and the first on Freedom

Em

Yea, I probably won't have any fun at all...... Especially since it's the C&A member cruise on 10/15 and they'll be giving us free gifts every night and making us do stuff like watch cooking demos and maybe a tour of areas behind the scene...... And those hot tubs that hang over the side! :eek: They are gonna have to bribe me to sit in those! And those bigger balconies are really gonna suck! :p Yeah! Poor Me!!!!! :D Oh! And it's my first cruise as Platinum, not anywhere near as cool as diamond, but I'll suffer through somehow..... ;)

Oh Jan, I feel your pain! I'll be suffering right along with you! ;) Bummer dude (practicing my surfer-talk for the Flow Rider on the top deck)!

Archived