Renting Car at Dock

conan126

Has anybody rented a car at the dock? I'll be doing this in June to go to some of the beaches, and then plan on coming back and parking the rental to eat lunch on board, then head off again to shop. My question is: has somebody done this before and if they parked back at the rent a car place or what? Will be going through Avis since its right there.

I had reserved a minivan for $89 Entertainment book rate. They didn't have a van when we arrived so they gave us a Camry and an SUV for the same price. They also only charged 1 fee for insurance and gas that covered both vehicles which I thought was great. There were 8 of us so it came to about $30 per couple.

We also did this in Jan. But we rented from Budget right outside the cruise terminal in Havensite. We went to Sapphire Beach, then parked in the Havensite cruise terminal & had luch on the ship, then back out to tour the island. It was great!

I am also looking into renting a jeep at the pier. We are a family of 4 wanting to go to Magens Bay for a few hours and stopping at Lindburg Bay later in the day just to get info for next trip. With cab fare for all of us this would be about $100.00 +++ just in cabs! Budget has a jeep for $66.

Any good maps of the island to view before we get there to get acqainted with the area?

Is it worth the trouble of driving? or should we just pay for the cab?

IMHO a rental car gives you so much more freedom. We didn't find driving on STT a big problem but we were the only ship in that day. You just have to keep telling yourself to stay left. Avis provides a pretty good map.

Archived