Just back from Millenium, Anyone sick?

tomml

My husband and I were on the Millennium April 2nd-9th. On Friday, 4/7 I got an 8-hr. migraine and at almost the exact same time Kevin came down with something GI-related that had him down-and-out for almost the last 36 hours of the cruise. We were very careful all week - used the motion-sensing hand purifier machines every time we passed them and didn't make use of the handrails on the staircases. We are also avid hand-washers as a rule at home, too.

Other than our own unfortunate experience, we were not aware of other illness aboard the ship during our sailing. Sorry for your misfortune and hope you all recover soon! :(

I cruised on the Oosterdam last month, and after coming home developed bronchitis. This has happened before to me after cruising. Between the cruise and the air flight one comes in contact with ALOT of people. It hung on for two weeks. Hang in there. I know it's a bummer after a wonderful vacation.

Marie

Hi Jill,

Good point. Well that's one thing eliminated!!! I guess it will continue to be ok to drink the Rum.:D

All kidding aside I sure hope Kevin has recovered from his bout. He sure was an unhappy camper the last night.

Thanks for asking! Kevin's been fine since the morning of disembarkation!

I came down with a cold three days after we got home - and since we live 20 minutes from Port Everglades I can't even blame it on bad airplane ventilation! :rolleyes:

I heard that a few people were sick but I had no way of actually confirming that. I saw quite a few women walk out of the restroom without washing their hands... even an employee didn't wash her hands. Now that was disturbing.

THAT information is simply amazing.:mad:

How disgusting...reminds me of the old

"SEINFELD" episode where he was in the pizza

parlor and, saw the pizza baker do the same

thing...THEN, rolled and, spun his pizza dough,

and, made his pizza....He had to eat the

pizza because he was with the pizza owners

daughter, on a date:D

YUCK..............

Not only that, people SHOULD carry with them

at all times PURELL or one of those hand

sanitizers...when I shake hands with people,

I immediately give my hands a sanitization...

Never hurts...

THAT information is simply amazing.:mad:

How disgusting...reminds me of the old

"SEINFELD" episode where he was in the pizza

parlor and, saw the pizza baker do the same

thing...THEN, rolled and, spun his pizza dough,

and, made his pizza....He had to eat the

pizza because he was with the pizza owners

daughter, on a date:D

YUCK..............

Not only that, people SHOULD carry with them

at all times PURELL or one of those hand

sanitizers...when I shake hands with people,

I immediately give my hands a sanitization...

Never hurts...

I loved that episode along with many others of course.

I'm not anal...BUT I totally wash and sanitize my hands all the time. I even use the paper towel to open the door.

I hate shaking hands with people anymore because I just don't know where their hands have been. YUCK....

I have been reading all of posts hope you all are feeling better. Can you tell me what cabins you all were in? Dh & myself are going on the millie the 30th of this month & sure hope we will not get ill. The first thing I always pack in my carry on is my big can of lysol! I lysol down the entire room especially the bedding. I also pack hand sanitzer's & purell. I agree with the hand rails although unfortunately I need some of them. Dh no longer laughs at the lysol since the time we all got sick on the brillance of the seas.

food poisoning....from eating one piece of <bad> mozzarella cheese at the midnight buffet. He knew instantly that something was "not right". In any case, he spent the last 12-18 hours of the cruise in bed with cramping, fever and chills and too many trips to the restroom to count. We just completed a letter to Celebrity this evening documenting this incident.

Other than this one incident, most everything else on this cruise was absolutely fabulous. I hope to get a review posted soon.

Archived