Advice on Diamond Balconies

RickSue

Hi everyone - We are researching the Diamond Princess (cruise tentatively planning for March 07 to the Mexican Riviera) and have a specific question about the balconies. We had a great balcony on the Grand Princess in 2002 and the balconies where we were looked over onto everyone else's balconies. The deck we were on (can't remember - Aloha I think) had an overhang that was really nice because nobody could look over onto our balcony and drop things (spit?) etc. I loved that. Is the Diamond Princess about the same? Are there balconies that don't have people constantly above you looking down. I would hate that - not planning on any naked sunbathing or anything but if I want to go out in my jammies I don't like people looking at me.

Hi everyone - We are researching the Diamond Princess (cruise tentatively planning for March 07 to the Mexican Riviera) and have a specific question about the balconies. We had a great balcony on the Grand Princess in 2002 and the balconies where we were looked over onto everyone else's balconies. The deck we were on (can't remember - Aloha I think) had an overhang that was really nice because nobody could look over onto our balcony and drop things (spit?) etc. I loved that. Is the Diamond Princess about the same? Are there balconies that don't have people constantly above you looking down. I would hate that - not planning on any naked sunbathing or anything but if I want to go out in my jammies I don't like people looking at me.

We're cruising on the Diamond in March of 2007. I've only ever been on the Caribbean Princess but, from what I understand (and we based our room selection on this), balconies on the Caribe deck of the Diamond are exactly like the balconies on the CB - larger, half covered and half un-covered. I'm of the understanding that Emerald decks are completely covered and that the Aloha decks are as well.

On the Diamond, Aloha, Baja, Emerald decks are completly covered. Caribe partly covered Dolphin completly open. The only deck that is completly covered and does not look down on other balconies is the Emerald.

We're cruising on the Diamond in March of 2007. I've only ever been on the Caribbean Princess but, from what I understand (and we based our room selection on this), balconies on the Caribe deck of the Diamond are exactly like the balconies on the CB - larger, half covered and half un-covered. I'm of the understanding that Emerald decks are completely covered and that the Aloha decks are as well.

They may not be able to see you (unless you stand at the rail) but they WILL be able to hear every word you say. That overhand acts like a "whispering corner" and projects all conversation downward onto the other balconies.

They may not be able to see you (unless you stand at the rail) but they WILL be able to hear every word you say. That overhand acts like a "whispering corner" and projects all conversation downward onto the other balconies.

The same can be said for the balconies on the Caribe deck! We learned all kinds of interesting things about the folks in our neighboring cabins last month. ;)

LOL - Oh, I don't plan on talking dirty or anything! I just love to sit out there in the privacy of my cabin and look at the ocean and pretend I'm all alone on the ship. I have a daycare at my home and I get SOOOO little privacy that when I can be alone it's like a gift from God himself. Thank you all for the info. I am still waiting for my TA to call me back and I will make sure I use your info. Thanks again...

Archived