Resturant recomendation for this weekend

CanadianMAG

We are looking for a resturant recomendation.. probably $30-35 for an entree (not sure if that is a lot in PR or not)

We would like to go to a seafood place that also serves steak. (DH cannot eat seafood, but rest of us LOVE seafood)

Any suggestions?

We are staying at the Mariott.

If you are in Old San Juan, I recommend a place that the Bellmen at the Sheraton told me about, Cafe de Puerto Rico. Excellent seafood dishes (try their paella) but also good chicken and the best pork chops we've ever had. Sorry, we didn't try any of the beef dishes but they sounded delicious. The gumbo was amazing (although different than what we get in the states).

Pricing was very reasonable. Between $10 and $20 for a huge amount of food (we could only eat about half of what was on our plates). For example my friend's pork chops were around $10 and she got two huge pork chops, with a side of rice, a side of beans, and fried plantains.

I don't know street names, but coming out of the Sheraton, you go right and up the flight of stairs next to Senor Frogs. You go right and veer left towards San Cristobal. You pass Starbucks and about a block past is Cafe de Puerto Rico. It has a green awning and about 4 tables out front and is just across from a little square. It is in view of San Cristobal.

Archived