vancouver hotel questions

Hi my family and I are going to Vancouver for a few days before we board the diamond princess going to LA. I'd like a very nice hotel not too far from the princess pier, where we don't need to rent a car. I'd like to stay where we can get a taste of vancouver, is there a subway? What recommendations do you have? 4 or 5 star hotel? thanks in advance for any information you can give me

I have stayed at the following hotels and they are all very nice.

Pan Pacific and The Waterfront Fairmont - are at the cruise terminal (I am not sure if there is only one place you board the ships??)

The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and The Sutton Place are about a 10 minute walk, but are very close to the main shopping area (Robson Street).

I wouldn't rent a car, it is easier to walk, catch a taxi or bus.

Don't rent a car. You won't need one. You can easily get around by bus, trolley, walking, etc. There are lots of great hotels in the downtown area. We stayed at the Hyatt which we got on priceline for way under the going rate. If you try for priceline and only indicate a 4 star hotel, you'll get a more than acceptable hotel. There is not a subway but there are plenty of options for getting around town.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived