Oh No, the original 'OVERPACKING' thread will soon be disappearing forever

Mariposa

to quote host Walt

We're getting close to the next try to convert to the new message board platform (vBulletin). The issue last time was the volume of the data base.

That means that, to ensure success, the archive of posts will be made smaller by moving less history.

I do not know what the cutoff date will be but am reasonably sure it will be not much more than 3 months of posts.

**** note from Mariposa

OK ladies, it's time to pour yourself a really tall cool one and take the time to find, then re-read (one last time) that old favorite thread before it disappears from the face of the earth. I'm wondering if someone has the time or cyberspace to save the whole thing in it's entirity for posterity, or possible a link to someone's private website. Maybe save the Eagle Has Landed thread as well???

How sad this update is, HUH?

Mariposa

Oh my gosh, it's already too late. I just scrolled back through all the threads available and it only goes up to page 14. How sad for all of us. No 'overpacking', no 'eagle has landed'.

Well, guess it's time to make new memories for all us Cruise Sisters.

Mariposa

They are all saved for posperity now. I've got them all archieved and am trying to decide if I'll make more money by selling copies or blackmailing LoriLinay. :D

Beth <------ wearing PJs that used to be flannel 10 years ago with the same beat up old navy robe that really needs laundering. :p Nite nite.

Awww Deb, how nice that you found that link. Yep, these were my favorites as well. I'm thinking we should copy these threads to discs or floppies cuz then they would be saved even if our computers crashed. LOL thank goodness all is not lost.

Mariposa

Yeah, Mari, I hate to see those fun threads lost too.

Beth, thanks for taking care of saving those. Blackmail Lori? ROFLMAO! I wonder if that would work? Ohhhh, Lorrrrrriiiiiiii! :D

Deb <<<<<<< sitting around in my green silk caftan from St. Lucia that is getting old. (BTW, same old, comfy, red, cat-shredded, puppy-chewed robe has NOT been retired. Just waiting for colder weather). :D

Archived