Horshoe Bay and Jobson's Cove

lyndaedris

We will in Bermuda in May on RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Docked at Kings Warf. I know this is the OLD dock and not the best but that is ok. We will have our 12 year old grandaughter and her friend as well.

I have read in the threads that you can take a bus to Horshoe Bay. Can someone tell me where we would pick up the bus and about how long and how much it costs.

Also I have read 2 articles on Jobson's Cove. Can anyone tell me anthing about this. Judging from both articles it sounds lovely.

How to get to Jobson's?

We will be there for 2 days. Would it be better to go to Hamilton or St. George and look around for a while. Is there anything in either place we should absolutely see. I have not been to Bermuda since 1960 when the old Princess Hotel still had salt water in its faucets!!!!!

Thanks for your help. Hope it will be warm there then. (May 14-19)

lynda:)

We will in Bermuda in May on RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Docked at Kings Warf. I know this is the OLD dock and not the best but that is ok. We will have our 12 year old grandaughter and her friend as well.

I have read in the threads that you can take a bus to Horshoe Bay. Can someone tell me where we would pick up the bus and about how long and how much it costs.

Also I have read 2 articles on Jobson's Cove. Can anyone tell me anthing about this. Judging from both articles it sounds lovely.

How to get to Jobson's?

We will be there for 2 days. Would it be better to go to Hamilton or St. George and look around for a while. Is there anything in either place we should absolutely see. I have not been to Bermuda since 1960 when the old Princess Hotel still had salt water in its faucets!!!!!

Thanks for your help. Hope it will be warm there then. (May 14-19)

lynda:)

First of all the Dockyard is not old, it has been completly refurbished, there are shops, resturant, water sports, and now a snorkel park.

The bus is available right near the pier, you can get an all day pass for $27. Horshoe Bay and Jobsons Cove are on the same route, so you can do both, just tell the driver where you want to get off. I believe the trip is around 20-30 min but it depends on the day of the week ect. A stop at Gilbs hill Lighthouse along the way might also be of interest, you can climb to the top and get a fantastic view of the Islands Jobsons is really nice and most times I have been there quiet, horseshoe on the other hand can get crowded.

You can take the High Speed Ferry to Hamilton, where most of the shopping is or the slow speed to St. George. The Crystal Caves is worth a visit, and there are discount tickets available on-line.

The daily rate for a all day pass is about $12.00. I think the three day pass is $28.00. The fast ferries also go to St George but its about an one hour to St George. You can either walk to the bus or take the free shuttle to the bus. Its about 250 yeards to where the buses leave. When you get to horeshoe bay its a far walk down hill to the beach and there is a $1.00 pp shuttle back up to the bus. When you get off the ship there is a booth selling tickets and free information. Its more like 45 minutes to Horseshoe but it isn't that far. You won't be the only one going. Sometimes they have non-stops to horseshoe...

1-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $12.00

3-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $28.00

1-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $12.00

3-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $28.00

I stand corrected, usually there for three days! Last October the fast ferry did not run to St. George, only to Hamilton! Could be a schedule thing, but bus and ferry schedules are available right as you get off the ship.

Thanks everyone. I guess the only way to St. George is by ferry. Does anyone know what the cost is. Are there websites for ferry and bus sched. and costs? I would like to go to Alex. Bay for sea glass in St. George I understand this is the place to go.

Thanks again

lynda

if you buy the all day pass it includes the ferry as well as the buses.

www.seaexpress.bm

its the orange route I believe.

You could take the bus to St George but you have to change buses and it will take more than 2 hours on the bus.

If you take the 10 am ferry to St george this gets you there at 11. The last one returns at 3;45 I believe....note that this is the same ferry that takes 20 minutes to get to Hamilton- its a fast one its just a long trip to St george...

When we sailed Celebrity to Bermuda last year you could buy your bus/ferry passes right on board. They also had maps when you bought your pass. The bus system in Bermuda is very good. It is clean and very easy to navigate. Also all of the drivers are very friendly,just ask and they will help you out.

Suzanne

When we sailed Celebrity to Bermuda last year you could buy your bus/ferry passes right on board. They also had maps when you bought your pass. The bus system in Bermuda is very good. It is clean and very easy to navigate. Also all of the drivers are very friendly,just ask and they will help you out.

Suzanne

Thanks,Suzanne. It's good to know you can get the bus passes on the Zenith. Does X also have the Bermuda Heritage Passports onboard, or are we better off buying them on the Bermuda tourist web site?

Archived