City tour and Summit

Gingee

We are looking at doing the City tour and to the Summit with Frontier excursions. This is only 2 1/2 hours. We don't care to do the all day one. Has anyone done this excursion and can you tell me about the highway? I have been told that it doesn't have hairpin turns or dropoffs. Any feedback?

Thanks

Did I miss something or does this post not state what city or port we are asking questions about??? The scary thing is many people answered the questions without it being clear!!!!

Is the "summit" portion of this tour the same that one could take a rental car following Yukon's guide? It sounds like a portion of the route to Whitehorse, but I'm not sure...We don't want to miss any other scenic drives while we have the car!!

Thanks

Is the "summit" portion of this tour the same that one could take a rental car following Yukon's guide?

Yes, it is - though just to keep you confused, the highway White Pass summit is about a mile from the railway White Pass summit.

Murray

Did I miss something or does this post not state what city or port we are asking questions about??? The scary thing is many people answered the questions without it being clear!!!!

How funny... I didn't even notice the port wasn't mentioned until you pointed it out.

We rented a car last year, followed Yukon's guide to Emerald Lake... LOVED it. This year, we want to just sit back and enjoy, so we, too, are considering the 'City & Summit Tour' with Frontier excursions (after all, they do offer a toursaver coupon!).

And compared to Switzerland, I'm sure you'll find the road to be tame. It certainly is compared to some of the Rocky Mtn. 'barely-there' shelf roads.

Archived