after 10:00, what to do w my kids??

hello, Dh and I are going for our 1st cruise on SOV OF THE SEAS on monday, very excited!!! anyhow, we are taking our 2 boys ages 3 and 7, we will hit some adult only areas until 10, but then at 10 the kids "camp" closes...so just wondering if there are any kid friendly shows/areas we could bring our kids, if we are not quite ready to go to cabin??

I am sure swimming is an option, any other ideas?? thanks so much :)

The kids area doesn't close *per se*...

organised activities end, and they have a sort of group babysitting thing after 10 for $5 an hour.

Except it's alot more fun than it sounds, as long as other kids are there, the staff will still run activities and things with them.

Won't your little guys be tired by 10:00? Mine would have been dead on their feet. There's always something to do on a cruise, but the late shows sometimes get a little racy. Not terrible, but umm... today's seven year old might get the jokes.

I've read good things about the in cabin babysitters.

cool thanks!! we are pretty much night owls here...esp on weekends and special things like vacations, we generally let up stay up till about 11 or so...now of course if they are dead dog tired and cranky we will go back to cabin, but hey if they are having fun and so are we thats great! ty :)

Momma, arrange for in-cabin babysitting at whatever hour you think they will "conk out". The staff on the Sovereign is THE BEST.

Take them back to the cabin, deposit them with the babysitter, then you guys go out and stay out as late as you want.

Go to Karaoke, go to Dueling Pianos, heck, hit the disco.

Have a blast.

(scare yourselves: read my linked threads below) :)

In 2002, my then 8yr old stayed in the Kids Club late night until 1am a couple nights and my dh or I (whoever was ready to go to bed) would sign him out. Now, at 11yrs he stays until 1am every night if he has the $! and checks himself out!

thanks Carol :) sounds great!!! I was not really aware of the in cabin sitting, that is great!!! I know we definitely do not want to bring them in any ADULT ONLY areas... we will definitely look into the in cabin sitting..thansk for in the info :)

thanks Carol :) sounds great!!! I was not really aware of the in cabin sitting, that is great!!! I know we definitely do not want to bring them in any ADULT ONLY areas... we will definitely look into the in cabin sitting..thansk for in the info :)

Make sure to do it as soon as you get on board, as they have a limited number of people available for the in room babysitting.

You don't need to let them know ahead of time for the Kids Club stuff.

But you do need to let them know ahead of time for the in cabin babysitting. I think the cost for that is $10 but don't quote me on that as I don't have kids.

You don't need to let them know ahead of time for the Kids Club stuff.

But you do need to let them know ahead of time for the in cabin babysitting. I think the cost for that is $10 but don't quote me on that as I don't have kids.

, said Wrona with a sigh of relief. :D

We hired an in room babysitter. The boys were dead on their feet by 8 so we had her show up about then. We ordered them pizza from room service most nights. The sitter was great and they really liked her.

I forgot to mention that it's cheaper to use in cabin babysitting than AO if you have more than one child. Of course we tipped (optional), but even then it was cheaper.

thanks , did not realise this :)

Thanks NL!! Good to know ~ I have 3. :eek: (lol)

You're very brave. I wouldn't travel with all four of mine together on a bet! We split trips, more vacations for Mom! :p

Of course I have two toddlers. When they are older we might consider it.

We brought grandma along to help with the kids!!

But, it turned out not to be necessary because I couldn't drag my 10 y.o. out of the kids club. She stayed in the "after hours party zone" or whatever they called the after 10 pm time where you pay $5 (or $10?) per hour after 10. I forced her to come home at midnight each night because _I_ was tired and wanted to go to bed!

Maggie

cool thanks!! we are pretty much night owls here...esp on weekends and special things like vacations, we generally let up stay up till about 11 or so...now of course if they are dead dog tired and cranky we will go back to cabin, but hey if they are having fun and so are we thats great! ty :)
At 3 and 7? They'll be up early, busy all day . . . unless they are genuinely made from different stuff than my children, they won't be awake at 10:00!

I don't think late night swimming was an option either. The pools close around 8:00 or so.

The Adventure Ocean Kids Pool closes at 8:00. The Main Pool and Solarium never close (although they will drain one of the main pools, half the hot tubs, and the solarium on alternate nights)

The Adventure Ocean Kids Pool closes at 8:00. The Main Pool and Solarium never close (although they will drain one of the main pools, half the hot tubs, and the solarium on alternate nights)

I do not think there is an Adventure ocean kids pool on the Sovereign. At least I did not see one.

Maggie

Archived