Best Way to Book Trip ??????

I am interested in booking a Royal Caribbean cruise for this summer. I would like to go to the Eastern Caribbean on the Navigator in August.

I was wondering where I can get the best rate for this cruise. This will be my first RC cruise. I was told that it is hard to get it discounted. Is this true? Are there online discounters?

I know that cruise critic members will have the inside information. Please help.

We book our cruises through Costco Travel. If you're a Costco member, that might be an option. They can't discount, as RCCL doesn't allow it, but they do offer a Costco gift card (ours is either $250 or $300--almost 10% of our cruise fee) when the cruise is completed. They've been very helpful; we've booked three cruises through them.

No never Cruises Only but, I'm sure they are reputable because they've been around a long time. I've done online and RCCL directly. Some onlines offer perks (free insurance, free tours, wine pkg. etc.) Some travel agents do likewise. You have to ask for these perks if not offered directly. Also, RCCL offers coupons periodicly and you have to make sure with whoever you deal with if they will accept these coupons or RCCL offers if they should arise after you book. **************** does accept these as well as free perks. Icruise is also good. I've used all of the above without problems. These are just guidelines and I'm not looking to recommend one of the other. GL and ask questions.

We book our cruises through Costco Travel. If you're a Costco member, that might be an option. They can't discount, as RCCL doesn't allow it, but they do offer a Costco gift card (ours is either $250 or $300--almost 10% of our cruise fee) when the cruise is completed. They've been very helpful; we've booked three cruises through them.

TKinAZ,

We also booked our cruise through Costco. They offered free travel insurance for the first 2 guests. This made it the best deal we could find.

A question about the Costco gift cards, was this something that was noted when you booked your cruise or did it come as a thank you?

When we booked our cruise, Costco did not mention anything about the gift cards?

Thanks

I haven't found the secret to a lower price.... but... I've tried booking several ways throughout my various cruises.

Once through yahoo travel which was fine. Two through AAA which was also fine - perk to a travel agent they sent a gift to our room as a thank you for booking through them. Once - my most recent and yet to set sail trip on RC.com... which I was surprised was very easy and I felt like I had control and all of the information in front of me. I was very impressed w/ their online system.

JC

I have booked through two companies. One of them i have use for 5 cruises and have been very happy with there service. There prices were lower then any one else that I was able to find. The other was just for one cruise and was at a discount rate.

Buycruises.com

Cruise.com

Archived