Stockholm Ice Gallery - meltdown!!

We were walking in the Old Town of Stockholm the other day and noticed that the Ice Gallery is no longer with us. For those that don't know, the Ice Gallery was an excellent alternative to the Ice Bar. It was easy to get in, used the same exact ice (from the Torne River) as the Ice Bar, was much less expensive and showcased works of ice art. About the only difference was that the drinks they served at the Ice Gallery were of the non-alcoholic variety.

Sad to see this go.

Skål

Al

We were walking in the Old Town of Stockholm the other day and noticed that the Ice Gallery is no longer with us. For those that don't know, the Ice Gallery was an excellent alternative to the Ice Bar. It was easy to get in, used the same exact ice (from the Torne River) as the Ice Bar, was much less expensive and showcased works of ice art. About the only difference was that the drinks they served at the Ice Gallery were of the non-alcoholic variety.

Sad to see this go.

Skål

Al

Oh NO:eek: :eek:

This is not what I wanted to awaken to:( five months before our visit to Stockholm. Oh well, thanks for sharing:)

Oh NO:eek: :eek:

This is not what I wanted to awaken to:( five months before our visit to Stockholm. Oh well, thanks for sharing:)

Don't worry, the Ice Gallery is just one of the cool things to do in Stockholm

From the "it's a small world page" : Slidell, Louisiana?

First off, I'm glad you made it through the flood. I have kin folk in Slidell, and they lost their home, but they are allright otherwise. I also have a lot of kin in Hammond, I'm sure you know where that is. :)

Anyway, I am so glad to see that folks from that neck of the woods are venturing overseas, maybe you can tell my folks that it "ain't so bad" to fly across the pond.

I guess what I am trying to say is ... I would love some of my red neck relatives (I mean that in the nicest way) to get on a plane and visit me in Stockholm.

Skål

We will be traveling to Stockholm on the July 9th Celebtrity Cruise. I read about the Ice Bar on our cruise's website. Is it worth seeing and having a drink, or should we spend our time elsewhere?

On the same topic, should we book an excursion in Stockholm with the tour company from the boat, or should be go it alone?

Thanks in advance!

We will be traveling to Stockholm on the July 9th Celebtrity Cruise. I read about the Ice Bar on our cruise's website. Is it worth seeing and having a drink, or should we spend our time elsewhere?

On the same topic, should we book an excursion in Stockholm with the tour company from the boat, or should be go it alone?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if you were asking me this question, but I'll chime in ...

I have gotten in trouble in the past for sharing my opinion on the Ice Bar (but that does not stop me.) If you do a search of this board you can read a lot about the Ice Bar. Just click the "search" button and type in "Stockholm Ice Bar", or something similar. In short, I think the Ice Bar is not worth what the cruise lines charge you to get there. As I said though try a search of this board to find out more.

As to your second question ...

Since you are cruising with Celebrity you will get to see the archipelago and you will be docking fairly close to the action. With just a little research on your part you can easily do Stockholm on your own.

Hope this helps ...

Skål

Hi Al,

Yes:) I guess it is a 'small world'.

You mean the red-nek Looziana relatives won't clean up and fly across the pond to visit:eek: Shame on them!

I'm sorry to hear about your relative's loss of home. Our son and his family lost everything they had. It will be a long road back.

We can't wait to get over there. Thanks for all the info. I'll keep watching and see what happens. Booked transportation through Princess as a backup.

What is Nynasham like? Is it just a port or is it actually a little town?

Is there anything there?

Thanks

Hi Al,

We will be on an Oceania cruise this June and I understand we dock at Frihamnen. Will we get to see the archipelago, also? If so, how long will we be in them as we leave port?

Yes indeed, you will get to see the archipelago in all it's splendor. The nights are long in June with daylight almost till midnight. I think it takes 6 or more hours to get through. The ships need to go slower for saftey as well as environmental reasons.

Enjoy.

Archived