2006 Europe Shore Excursion Book - Where is it?

DonLou

I've been trying to get a hold of the 2006 Europe Shore Excursion book. The Princess website only lists the 2005 version. I called Princess and was told they were now working on the 2007 one and that all the 2006 books have been issued to TAs. He suggested I go to a TA to get a copy. I tried my TA and was told that the shore excursion book would be issued with my travel docs (????). I tried a different TA and they did not have the book.

Has anyone seen a 2006 Europe Shore Excursion book? I'm using the 2005 version from the Princess website to do preliminary planning but I would like to know for sure what excursions are available.

Hi

I am sailing on the Sea Princess in July and received my booklet on Tuesday. I would say that yours is probably on its way to you.

If you need me to look anything up for you in the meantime please let me know.

Regards

Betty

They issue different books for different regions of Europe. I got mine for Iceland, Norway and British Isles two weeks ago, but it didn't have ports from any other region in it. Last year our shore excursion book for our Baltic cruise included only Baltic ports. I'm sure they must have a separate book for the Med, and probably western Europe as well.

Hey DonLou,

Sorry you haven't gotten your book. For my upcoming trip on the Sea Princess to the Med I downloaded the shore books from Princess to get an overview of what they might offer. It helped me to narrow down my choices so that once the Shore Excursions opened up online through the Cruise Personalizer I could book them right away. I hope you get your book soon. Best of luck making your selections. :)

Thanks all for your responses. I am feeling a little better about it now. But I do like to plan far in advance.

Betty (Bettycoop), if you wouldn't mind, could you look up something for me in your shore excursion book.

Based on the 2005 book that I have, besides the trips to Paris, these were the available excursions:

"Normandy Landing Beaches"

"A Taste of Normandy & Calvados & Honfleur"

"Monet's Giverny Home & Rouen"

"Visit to Rouen"

"Etretat & Fecamp"

"Romantic Honfleur"

Are there any changes in your 2006 book?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I found this year's shore excursion book to be rather pitiful. Each tour had little more than a three sentence description. I don't know if this is just for our Iceland, Norway and British Isles cruise or if they are doing this for all the shore excursion books this year. Last year's book for both my Baltic cruise and Western European Capitals cruise were very descriptive with extensive info on each tour. Thankfuly the descriptions online are very comprehensive. I would not want to rely on the book I received to make my choices for tours. Has anyone noticed this in other European shore excursion books for 2006?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I found this year's shore excursion book to be rather pitiful. Each tour had little more than a three sentence description. I don't know if this is just for our Iceland, Norway and British Isles cruise or if they are doing this for all the shore excursion books this year.

The book for the Baltic ports was written the same way, and pitiful is a good way to describe it. The only way to find out anything about the shore excursions is to go to the Princess web site and read the detailed descriptions there. I really feel sorry for people who don't use computers. I don't know how they can choose any excursions.

DonLou

We're on the same sailing and have been booking excursions on the cruise personalizer. Available excursions are up and detail provided for each on a port by port basis.

Give it a try and see if you get what you are looking for.

By the way, go to the "Roll Call" and join up with the rest of the CC folks on this sailing!!:D

Paul

DonLou

We're on the same sailing and have been booking excursions on the cruise personalizer. Available excursions are up and detail provided for each on a port by port basis...By the way, go to the "Roll Call" and join up with the rest of the CC folks on this sailing!!:D

Paul

Thanks very much for the info, Paul. I hadn't thought of going to the personalizer to look for the excursions. I'll have to go visit the roll call too.

Archived