Prices for Europe - RCL v X

Schplinky

Can anyone who has been to Europe on RCL or Celebrity and recalls their research tell me whether their experience was that RCL or X was more expensive on comparable ships and itineraries. I'm doing a little crystal ball gazing and am wondering where RCL will come in on the prices for Brilliance when they are released, hopefully tomorrow. We booked on Millenium today and got a balcony for May 2007 for $2500 US each. I hope RCCL is at that price level or just a bit less. We would prefer to go in September but it was hundreds less to go in May.

From previous experience Brilliance should come out sightly cheaper than Millennium.

We love both ships, as you can see we are going on Mille in May and Brilliance in July. That said, if it were only a few $$ more, I would probably go for Millennium. I also slightly prefer Millennium's itinerary as one of the Ports is Venice.

Schplinky...thanks for tipping me off that 2007 was open. Unfortunately, all of the aft balconies on Millenium for October are SOLD OUT! How did that happen so fast?

You're welcomed. I would say keep trying because as of this moment, we have an aft on Carnival and a larger side balcony on X and we may end up booking Brilliance tomorrow and cancelling the other two. I'd like to do the Millenium in October but Mike fears it will be too cool to be by the pool on sea days.

Archived