What is a "Chaser" pill......for hangovers?

afairbro

I read a thread about a pill called "Chaser", and that it's good for hangovers. I never had hangovers when I was young, but now at 40 I can get a hangover after 2 drinks. I'll be on the Inspiration on May 8th and don't want to have a hangover!

I read a thread about a pill called "Chaser", and that it's good for hangovers. I never had hangovers when I was young, but now at 40 I can get a hangover after 2 drinks. I'll be on the Inspiration on May 8th and don't want to have a hangover!

Those Chaser pills you see at 2am on T.V. dont work, just another scam product. Best bet is to drink good quality beer on a full stomach, When I drink crappy beer like Corona I wake up with a bad headache, Samual Adams and beer like that dont affect me at all.

I am guessing that you have already read the "hangover" thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=333490

I have never tried "Chaser" so I can't add to what was mentioned in that thread, but here is a link to their website:

http://www.doublechaser.com/

I have figured that hangovers become worse as I get older :mad:.

John

Chaser is a brand name of a pill that is supposed to help prevent hangovers. You take 2 pills with your first alcoholic drink, and then 2 more pills after 4 to 6 drinks, or every 2 to 3 hours.

My son has tried it and swears it does help. He also drinks a lot of water, since dehydration is really the major cause of hangovers.

Thanks for the link to Chaser, I tried to get the free sample for $2.99 but then I got an error message saying cookies weren't enable on my PC, (they are enabled.) I will go to Walgreens and buy some, I think it's worth a try.

As for hydration......a hangover at 40 is not about water. Not only that, once a hangover starts.....who can keep water down? or up?

That's the trick to the whole "Chaser" thing. You're drinking a glass of water when you start drinking, and another one every 2 or 3 hours with the next two pills. Just forget the pills and drink the water, it's a lot less expensive and does the same thing.

Those Chaser pills you see at 2am on T.V. dont work, just another scam product. Best bet is to drink good quality beer on a full stomach, When I drink crappy beer like Corona I wake up with a bad headache, Samual Adams and beer like that dont affect me at all.

Well that's your opinion, did you try them? Maybe they didn't work for YOU. Besides you wouldn't know a scam even if it bit you in the arse, since you think the vacation club is legit. BTW-Happy Birthday!!:)

They DO work. And believe me, as an engineer I have tested its use on myself a few times. I've tried them while taking a glass of water with each dose, tried taking them strictly without water during the night (take the pills with the beer), and I've tried not taking them at all but having a glass of water with every other beer. The result in a hangover increased respectively, which would make sense IMO. Of course everyone is different so results may vary.

Personally, I would avoid taking any pills of any sort while drinking alcohol. BTW - never ever ever take Tylenol as a hangover cure while drinking. If you don't already know it is extremely toxic to your liver. Three days in a row and you might be dead.

As for hydration......a hangover at 40 is not about water. Not only that, once a hangover starts.....who can keep water down? or up?

Dehydration is certainly a contributing factor to the ill feeling involved in hangovers, whether you're 40 or whether you aren't. Drinking water sporadically throughout the evening while drinking can certainly help you avoid a hangover. If you wait until the next day when you already feel horrible, it's less effective. But it's still good to try to rehydrate the next day.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/hangover2.htm

An "old remedy" is also drinking 2 glasses of milk before drinking and eat 2 pieces of white bread. I don't know if it really works. (something about coating the stomach and absorption)

Archived