Beautiful & uncomfortable VS. Average & cozy

nicenspicy

I'm having a problem picking out a black pair of sandals. I want to bring the vavavoom ones, which I've never worn before. They are GORGEOUS but a bit uncomfy. I only plan on wearing them for a couple of hours for a dinner. They make the outfit more dressy & stylish.

On the other hand (foot, actually), I could wear the old standbys that are more comfortable and could possibly be worn with more outfits. The are ho-hum and more casual.

I cannot bring BOTH. I'm already bringing 6 pairs of shoes :o & DH is bringing 4.

I'm having a problem picking out a black pair of sandals. I want to bring the vavavoom ones, which I've never worn before. They are GORGEOUS but a bit uncomfy. I only plan on wearing them for a couple of hours for a dinner. They make the outfit more dressy & stylish.

On the other hand (foot, actually), I could wear the old standbys that are more comfortable and could possibly be worn with more outfits. The are ho-hum and more casual.

I cannot bring BOTH. I'm already bringing 6 pairs of shoes :o & DH is bringing 4.

First thing is that if you've not worn the gorgeous shoes before, I would advise wearing them around the house (that's what I always do) and get them broken in a bit and you'll be able to judge how comfy (or not) they really are.

As for the other shoes...I can't comment. All of my pretty shoes are comfy and I wear heels more often than not, so I think it's a personal preference.

But...if you cannot bring both pairs, then go with the ones that you can wear with more outfits. I usually pack at least 10 pairs when I go anywhere for more than a week, so I'm not the best to ask.

Let us know what you decide!

~e

Just bought another pair today . We just can't have enough shoes girls . I will have to hide them form DH or else he will make fun of me again . He says I need a luggage just for shoes and bags and he is almost right about that .

I don't remember my total count (it was a lot!), but I didn't have to resort to a bag just for shoes. I KNOW he would laugh at me for that. :eek:

I wore silver-sparkly heels for all 3 formal nights on Noordam's 10 day. However, I simply could not dance in those shoes & really dislike dancing barefoot. After dinner or the show, I would go back to the cabin to change shoes to a pair of black mid-heel sandals that also stayed on my feet very well. Then I could dance the night away in the disco or crows nest.

Agree w/mrsred - wear those vavavoom ones around a bit before your cruise. Get used to them - remember, the ship is moving so you may be leaning left & right with the motion of the ocean. Also, can you scuff up the bottoms a tiny bit to give you a little traction? I usually like to walk around on a concrete sidewalk for that.

Happy cruising :)

Thanks guys, now I don't feel so bad packing a suitcase of JUST shoes. I think I may hit the 10 mark this go round.

I think I will take them. What's one more pair of shoes?:D

Now the question is...how many evening purses are you bringing? :D I think we had 8 small evening purses between the three of us :o

Gee, I think on my last cruise, I took 3 pairs of shoes - sandals and mules for daytime, dressy sandals for night. Of course, there were no formal nights on that cruise (all 'resort casual'), but I still probably wouldn't have taken more than that anyway if I had a formal night. :cool: I think you're supposed to take luggage so you have somewhere to put the souveniers!

I've been having the same dilemma, wondering if I should take my black beaded (and oh-so-cute!) sling back heels or my tried-and-true (still cute but not as trendy cute!) comfortable lower heeled dressy shoes for formal night. I don't plan on taking both as both outfits will work with either. I decided to take the comfy ones. Better safe than sorry. And I know I'm going to have enough trouble packing without figuring out how to squeeze another pair in. I figure if they both look okay why stress about it? No one's going to be looking at my feet anyway.

To each his own!

Bring the comfortable ones.

The problem with bringing "iffy" shoes is they can rip up your feet and make even your *comfy* shoes uncomfortable (if you get a blister in the wrong place).

Tracy

First thing is that if you've not worn the gorgeous shoes before, I would advise wearing them around the house (that's what I always do) and get them broken in a bit and you'll be able to judge how comfy (or not) they really are.

As for the other shoes...I can't comment. All of my pretty shoes are comfy and I wear heels more often than not, so I think it's a personal preference.

I agree 100%.

When I buy a pair of shoes I wear them around the house and if they're not comfortable, they go back to the store.

I say bring both pairs. I, too, would wear them around the house a bit first, but if they are uncomfortable you can always change into the more comfortable shoes after dinner. I don't remember how many pairs of shoes I took, but I did take one pair of hot pink shoes to wear with only one outfit. :p I'm so glad I did, because one of my favorite pics from my cruise is of me in that outfit!!

I would caution against putting all your shoes in one suitcase, though (not sure if you're kidding or not...) if that case is delayed or comes up missing...you'll be *gasp*:eek: SHOELESS!!!!:eek:

I'd probably bring both pairs, six really isn't that many shoes! I usually bring a tote bag for 'other' things that don't fit in my suitcase--it usually ends up being mostly shoes.

However, be sure to wear them around the house for a while. We recently went to East Africa and had one dinner that required more dressed-up clothes. I brought a pair of low-heeled slides with a black woven piece around the toes that I had bought last summer on sale but had never worn. I brought them because they were small, light and dressier than the sandals and sports shoes that were all else I needed.

Of course, they absolutely tore up my feet on the side of my big toes, blisters and raw wounds. I only wore them a couple of hours, with very little walking involved, and had terribly sore feet almost the whole rest of the trip--no fun at all. They hit the wastebasket as soon as we got back to the room!

So test those cute shoes out! Good luck.

I'd take both and start with the cute ones and change into the comfy ones if they started hurting. One of the advantages of a cruise is that your room is always fairly close.

I have got to have my DH read this thread so he will stop laughing at me for taking 8 pairs of shoes on a 4 night cruise! I keep trying to tell him I'm normal. :D

If you are flying, please don't put all of your shoes in the same bag! Split them up among different suitcases. I, like many of you, always take a lot of shoes. But my foot is difficult to fit (it is thick but not extremely wide) so I always fear losing my shoes and not being able to quickly replace them.

Take both pairs but pack them separately!

Archived