Celebrity Solstice and Equinox

tromvest

Does anybody know any new information on these two new ships? Also, where will they be going once they are built? I heard possibly Europe.

Thanks

Hi Tromvest !

Other than the original press release, there has been little to nothing about them. All the Cruise Lines seem to be very tight lipped on their Newbuilds these days, so I am not very surprised. I am sure all of us hope to hear some tidbits soon, but I am thinking it will be a while before we hear anything significant.

As for where Solstice & Equinox will sail ? Hard to say, but we do know this class of ship wont be able to go through the Panama Canal. I am guessing Solstice will do Caribbean for at least part of the year.

On Infinity last year a conversation with the Maitre'd in the United States indicated that the summers will be the Med.

On Summit to Hawaii two weeks ago the CD said that they are considering a ballroom and a seperate, good size conference center to host business conferences. The Celebrity Theater will be amazing. That's all we got.

Does anybody know any new information on these two new ships? Also, where will they be going once they are built? I heard possibly Europe.

Thanks

With the first of these two ships coming out in the fall of 2008, they will not be releasing itineraries for them until next year.

It's a long wait. Hopefully, they will leak out some info on the ships soon

My guess is one week Caribbean in winter, one in the Baltic and one in the Med. during hurricane season. They will probably replace Constellation and Millennium runs to release them for more exotic runs to Asia/Australia...

My guesses anyways.... Zenith will be gone.

I hope not, the Zenith is a great ship. And she is the only Celebrity ship that can sail into Hamilton in Bermuda. The bigger ships have to go the Dockyard, I for one do not like it there. I would much rather be in Hamilton and St George. I have done 3 Bermuda cruises and will probably do another in the near future, so I hope the Zenith stays. :)

My guess is one week Caribbean in winter, one in the Baltic and one in the Med. during hurricane season. They will probably replace Constellation and Millennium runs to release them for more exotic runs to Asia/Australia...

My guesses anyways.... Zenith will be gone.

Zenith will be in the Celebrity fleet, for at least another 18 months. Zenith now has a Bermuda schedule for April - August 2007. For more info, check the Bermuda 2007 thread.

I am very pleased that Zenith will be around a while longer !

Zenith will be in the Celebrity fleet, for at least another 18 months.

true.. and how many months till the new ships????!!

I just wish someone would launch another "small" ship... you know a "private" yacht to please a "small" group of 1,300 or so pax.;)

• 3 weeks later...
true.. and how many months till the new ships????!!

Hi C 2 C !

As of now, Solstice is due Winter 2008, and Equinox Summer 2009.

Archived