Wondering where Infinity's butler, Richard is today

We were on the Infinity in April 2001 with my brother and his wife. Our butler was Richard, and he was from India, with a pregnant wife and family back in his homeland. All 4 of us purchased an upgrade to a suite that was offered to our travel agency at the last minute, so what started out as an inside lower cabin ended up as a sky suite. None of us knew what to do with a butler and Richard was so great at "teaching" us what he was there to provide us.

My brother & wife, John & Diana, kept in touch with Richard after our cruise ended. We are wondering if he is still with Celebrity and if so, what ship he is sailing on currently. We will be in a sky suite on the Mercury to Alaska from May 8-May 19, 2006 and are hoping to lucky enough to have a butler anywhere nearly ask kind and efficient as Richard was.

Anyone have him for a butler and/or know where he is today?l

--Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin

• 1 month later...

We had Richard also on the Infinity in 2001 and thought he was wonderful. First and only time we had a butler. If I could afford it I'd have one every cruise but. . . .

I did see his picture in a Celebrity ad one time but haven't seen him on any of our Celebrity cruises. Great butler! I have a friend that keeps in contact with Celebrity staff I'll ask her if anyone knows where he is.

We just got off of Mercury and our butler, Lawrence, said Richard is doing well and now has 2 daughters. I did not ask Lawrence what ship Richard was on, but Lawrence said he & Richard were friends. Needless to say, Lawrence was an excellent butler, as well. Ahh...11 nights of the good life. Sad to be home, but hope to cruise again in the future.

--Jean & Bob

Archived