San Pedro Restaurant Recommendation?

lastlook

We are staying in San Pedro for two nights pre-cruise and are looking for a really nice restaurant to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday, which falls on Sunday (night before the cruise.) If anyone can recommend a great restaurant in the San Pedro vicinity, I'd appreciate any advice you can pass along to me.

Thanks very much!

Hi there,

I've enjoyed the Greek restaurant Papadakis Taverna in San Pedro. They have a website http://www.papadakistaverna.com. Check it out. They have listed the phone number if you have questions.

The LA area is BIG and has many restaurants. What type of food do you think your Mom would enjoy.

I live in Long Beach. We also have many restaurants. You can check out restaurants here at http://www.visitlongbeach.com.

I hope this helps.

Have a great cruise.

Winnie

Hi there again,

I think you should check out the Sky Room at the top of the Breakers in Long Beach. I had a lovely dinner there with friends. I think your Mom would enjoy it.

Here's another idea. Why not the Queen Mary? They serve a lovely Sunday Brunch. The Queen Mary has other fine restauants.

Winnie

I agree that going over to Long Beach would be a much better idea. There is just a larger variety of GOOD restaurants there. Just about anything you want. San Pedro is fairly limited in the fine dining area. It is too bad too because they have a great captive audience with all of the cruisers that come through there.

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for your replies. We are going to L'Opera Saturday night (Long Beach), and will check out your suggestions for Sunday - the brunch on the QM sounds like a nice idea. Guess we'll need taxi service both days - any recommendations? Thanks again for your help.

• 4 months later...

We love Marcello's in San Pedro on 7th Street. It is a beautiful restaurant with very good food, fine Italian dining. If you look it up on the internet (don't know website, just Marcello's in San Pedro), you can usually find some kind of coupon for a free dinner. I highly recommend it; the atmosphere is lovely.

Archived