I need help from more experienced cruisers...

Cruzzinagain

Carnival called and emailed me today and said that they would give me two cabins side by side for $190.00 more than my single interior cabin with four berths. I've been thinking about upgrading anyway and if they are in a bind this could work in my favor. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Carnival called and emailed me today and said that they would give me two cabins side by side for $190.00 more than my single interior cabin with four berths. I've been thinking about upgrading anyway and if they are in a bind this could work in my favor. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, if there are 4 of you, I would jump on it, there will be more room and 2 showers.

Fred

Do you know exactly which cabins they are switching you to? If you do, and you are OK with location (check deck plans for what is above/below you) then no doubt about it - go for it!

I'm not sure how this works, but if they are effectively putting you in the position of having two "guaranty" connecting cabins, there is the possibility that you could end up with cabins in a less than desirable location.

I've NO experience with this, just my thoughts...Hopefully, someone else who has had this situation will be more helpful....

Enjoy your cruise!

I would do it only if the "new" cabins are in a location I would like. I am more "location" picky and if that matters to you, be sure to take it into consideration.

Steve--were you booked in a guarantee to begin with, or did you have a cabin assignment? If you had a cabin assigned, why would they call you "out of the blue"? I'm just curious because I have an assigned cabin for our Freedom cruise with 4 of us in it, and I would love it if Carnival just called and offered me a second room:D .

Missyal

Steve,

I got the same deal from Carnival for my upcoming cruise. I know where my cabins are located, and although I haven't sailed it yet, I think we'll be fine. We have 4 sharing two adjoining cabins with 2 bathrooms, 2 t.v.'s and all that extra space all for $200 more. It sounded worth it to me and I went for it. I think you should too.

Tootsie

Archived