Main Second Seating?

mirrajay

This is what it shows on the Carnival site that we have been assigned (or at least what we've requested). I know I asked for early seating, and this kind of sounds like late seating with the word "second" in there, but someone else mentioned that it refers to the second round of the first seating, so it would be around 6:45 or something....Does anyone know for sure what this means?

On Carnival ships with two dining rooms, they stagger the seating times for both main and late seating.

Main seating is at 5:45 and 6:15, late seating is at 8:00 and 8:30

So it sounds to me as if you have the 6:15 seating.

I can understand why Carnival staggers the dining times for each seating. But, I wouldn't like 5:45 (way too early!) or 8:30 (too late!). I've chosen 2'nd seating for the next cruise, and I'm hoping for 8:00. Ideally, Carnival would create a 7:00 seating just for me! :-)

Does anybody know if breakfast & lunch are always open seating now? Or are they still using assigned tables/times on sea days?

How do you know that you where assigned it on the Carnival site. Did you do direct with Carnival to book or a TA. I would like to see what I have this weekend.

Mar

Mar, Carnival is getting a little better about trying to seat folks however they request. My Carnival PVP asked me when I booked my upcoming cruise if I wanted early or late seating, and WHICH early or late...so I said 6:15. That's the first time she's asked anything other than "early or late?"

As for breakfast and lunch, obviously different ships do different things. All I know for sure is that on my last three Holiday cruises, breakfast and lunch on sea days WAS assigned seating. I had my same table and waiter the entire cruise for all three meals. I like that.

I agree; it does seem Carnival is getting better at this. We asked for the 8:00 p.m. seating for our last cruise, and we got it. On the Glory, it was open seating for breakfast and lunch on sea days (and only in one dining room). The dining room was not open for lunch on port days, but the Red Sail served lunch longer than usual on those days.

Donna, you really don't know until you see it on your Sign & Sail card after you board the ship.

However, your booking agent should have asked you when you booked if you prefer early or late seating.;)

Cotton, he did. I was just hoping to know whether it was the 8:00 or 8:30 seating. For us 8:30 is kinda late and means we are too stuffed to ever enjoy the midnight buffet. Not that we NEED more food at midnight. I was like the earlier poster, hoping it was the earlier of the two late seatings. Said late originally cause 5:45 was way too early.

There is no gty till you get there. Booked the last cruise direct with Carnival and was told we would be given early seating but we got late. Not a big deal since it was just us as a couple not the entire family.

You can tell what you are SUPPOSED to have or have right at this moment anyway by going to your reservation on the Carnival site (using your Carnival booking number) and then going to the modify page. Some apparently have a link on the page, but I have to copy and paste this into my internet address bar: http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

But like others have said, this is apparently subject to change.

You can tell what you are SUPPOSED to have or have right at this moment anyway
No, this only shows what you or your TA have requested.

It may or may not be what you have been actually assigned to.

You will not know for certain until your receive your S&S cards at check-in. At that time you may visit the Maitre'D and make changes.

I asked for late seating, but couldn't get 8:00 or 8:30. I want 8:00, how can I arrange that before we get on the cruise. I know it is only a half an hour, but it does make a difference.
Does the Inspiration have 2 dining rooms? If not, then there is only one early seating and one late seating, so you won't be able to choose between the 8:00 and 8:30 seatings - you'll only get to pick early or late.

• 3 weeks later...

i finally got into my reservation. thank you so much for the site. i could not find the modify page for the life of me on my own.

my question is-- a few days ago i charged a few things from the carnival gifts dept to have in the cabin when we get on board. they did not show up on the reservation page. should i be worried or do you think i should give it a good week for the items to show up. maybe i have to wait untill it shows up on my credit card for them to be registered too me? i will keep track of it. also it said the my ta was not registered. what do you think this means :confused: . should i call carnival and find out. i would hate to not have everything in order for the cruise documents to be mailed to me. of course i am not going untill may but i want to take care of any problems now. thank you so much for any help.

thanks serene

i didnt know if we were supposed too or not. i have a confirmation via email saved and it has my reservation and cabin number on it, so i shouldnt worry. i will trust all is well :) . what have you ordered for yourself? i am having flowers delivered to the cabin and a nice bottle of wine for the dining room. later i will order a drink coupon book and possibly a photo coupon. i like to pay some things off from the card before i put any more on it.

I charged a bunch of stuff before my cruise - drink coupons, photo coupons, two bottles of wine, soda coupons and $500 gift money towards my S&S card...it was my way of saving up for the cruise. It never showed up in my reservation and I was a bit worried if I'd get everything. I saved all my receipts and brought them "in case". I received everything I ordered without problems. All the coupons were delivered the first night at dinner, the wine was on ice in our room when we arrived and the $500 was already on our S&S account. Carnival was very efficient with everything.

I have sailed twice this year and both times they screwed up my dinner seating. The first cruise on the Pride I got the seating I asked for. We were suppose to be seated with some other cruise critic people and linked our reservation. When we got to the dining room we were at a table for two. It was my daughter and myself. Got it fixed for the second night all worked out fine. The next cruise was on the Ecstasy and my friend and I and our two daughters all requested 6:15 at a large table. She got the right seating I got 8:30. We got it fixed before dinner and got seated together, but were at a booth for four instead of the large table we requested. The waiter who was helping with all the changes said this happens on every sailing. People after me wanted late and had been assigned early. They really need to work on this. If 75% request late then obviously they are not all going to get it. But when people who request late get early and people who request early get late there is definitely someone not paying attention or doing their job correctly. Sorry to rant, but it was a little disappointing.

Candi

Last cruise I ordered that Tote bag--not the one that is filled. I still use it for shore days. its pretty niuce for 12 bucks.

For this cruise I order drink coupons and photo coupons.

(which have no expiration date. The coupons have been 19.95 for about 2-3 years now and I bet they go up soon. On Sensation they sold for 15 bucks and I had a lot left over and used them on the Victory. I figured I got one free drink for every 3 I got.

The photo coupons are an even trade. No cash back if you dont spend enough either. I know that I only get the embarkation one and a formal one so I get a $15 coupon.

Flowers are nice, but you cant take them off with you.

DId you know that if you go to the formalities shop and ask for the lose rose petals they will give them to you? FYI for those romantics

Archived