How to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral

When you get out of the airport in Orlando, you will be on the BEE-Line expressway. Take it EAST to port canaveral and follow signs . It's a staright shot deal. You will need 3-4 dollars for tolls if you are driving yourself. I have lived in this area for 30 years, any questions welcome.

The State of Florida has decreed that the BEELINE is now the BEACHLINE.

But I think that the OP wants transportation options.

There are at least three threads on this topic on the first couple of pages. Do a search. Oh, fine, I'll get you started.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332279

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=326254

We are renting a van from Budget,in the Orlando airport as we are coming in 2 days pre-cruise along with many others for our family reunion.. We will keep the van until the next morning and provide shuttle service to my family members as they all arrive. Saves them from the hassle. This way they will be forever grateful to me, and will privide unlimited cocktails to me while we are on the cruise. The van will be returned to the Budget rental in Cape Canaveral and then budget will take us back to the hotel. The morning of the crusie we will either call a cab or use the hotels shuttle to get to the pier. Upon returning after the cruise, we are using Art's shuttle to take us to the airport as we have early flights and did not want to chance it with renting and returning a car again.

When you get out of the airport in Orlando, you will be on the BEE-Line expressway. Take it EAST to port canaveral and follow signs . It's a staright shot deal. You will need 3-4 dollars for tolls if you are driving yourself. I have lived in this area for 30 years, any questions welcome.

I have a similar question. i'm going on a trip to orlando in june, and i'm thinking of taking a ride to port canaveral on sunday to show my sister-in-law the mariner. Is there anywhere and anytime in particular i can go to get a good view of the ship, and not get stuck in crazy traffic? i'm already using up 2 hours in travel time, i'd rather not spend another hour or two in traffic.

I have a similar question. i'm going on a trip to orlando in june, and i'm thinking of taking a ride to port canaveral on sunday to show my sister-in-law the mariner. Is there anywhere and anytime in particular i can go to get a good view of the ship, and not get stuck in crazy traffic? i'm already using up 2 hours in travel time, i'd rather not spend another hour or two in traffic.

If you're talking about traffic in the vicinity of the piers, there really isn't any. The only traffic was down on the cruise terminal itself, and it wasn't bad at all. I drove in at 11:30ish and waited in line about 15 minutes to drop off my heavy luggage, drove out to the Budget office, dropped the car, took care of paperwork and rode the shuttle back and was back in line to check in by 12:30. If you have a suite, there's a special line, so I was onboard ship and eating lunch by 13:00 (1:00 pm).

Is there anywhere and anytime in particular i can go to get a good view of the ship, and not get stuck in crazy traffic? i'm already using up 2 hours in travel time, i'd rather not spend another hour or two in traffic.

There are two restaurants next to the channel that offer a great view of the cruise ships. If you get there by 4:30PM, you can watch the ships as they leave the pier and travel down the channel. The restaurants are Grill's Seafood ant the other is Rusty's Seafood. Grill's has a big outdoor deck. Here are the links.

http://www.visitgrills.com/

http://www.rustysseafood.com/

:cool:

Two years ago, we arranged transfer with a company from the airport to our hotel near port canaveral. We paid $50 +tip for the trip each way. They took us in a van that could hold up to 6 people. With 4 people, this was the cheapest way for us to transfer. I actually do not remember the name of the company, my mother in law set it up, but I know several companies run this service that you can arrange ahead of time. Hope this helps.

Archived