Does RCI discount offer for 3rd & 4th often

Yes we missed the 3rd & 4th passanger for $149.00. each. Do they have this offer very often? I am now sure what cruise we want and of course no deals yet. Would you book and hope for a discount down the road? How is RCI about adjusting the price? They said they would but I am wondering if they really do once you book it?

Thanks

Newbie ( Lakerat2):D

I don't recall seeing a price of $149 in the past so I would not expect an offer like that to be repeated very frequently. Bargains are hard to come by as most ships sail full and there is no need to offer discounts on a regular basis. If you want to take a cruise you should book it now to make sure you get the sailing date and cabin you want. If you wait, the price may go up orthe cabin will not be available. If the price goes down you should be able to get the price reduced. The only problem may be if you have already paid in full they may not want to grant the reduced price.

That offer was only for specific dates and according to a link that I will attach it was extended on the 19th of this month but I am not sure for how long. Talk to RCCL direct. They do offer these type of deals intermittantly, what they also do is that when ships are repositioning during the spring and fall or on Transatlantic cruises the third and fourth pass are usually only 299pp. We have taken advantage of this offer many times. It is always best to book early for best prices such as now that the 07 and 08 cruises are being released. We are sailing to Hawaii in a couple of weeks which we booked last year at this time. Our family paid 3950 for four of us in an inside cabin, we booked on board and get 200 on board credit and we are stock holders so we get another 250 on board credit for that. So 3500 for 4 for 14 day cruise to Hawaii is pretty darn cheap I think.

Happy Cruising

Brian J

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/CAD/royal/Caribbean/Special_Offers/SL06-123844_CADCar.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

The $149 price is still out there I can report. Just booked my first RCI cruise on the Mariner in September for our family of 4. Cheaper than feeding the kids at home! I know the Legend had the $149 rate also on sailings this fall also when I was trying to decide on a ship. Hope this helps.

Does that mean if I am on deposit for a August cruise now , I lose out? Should I call RCL directly with my confirmation number. Couldn't tell from that ad if it was the Explorer ship , but may be worth asking. Does it apply to suites?:rolleyes:

Cruisewisher,

It certainly wouldn't hurt to give RC a call.... but i suspect that the reason they are offering the deal in September (and I'm guessing not in August) is that the demand for cruises drops *dramatically* once the kids head back to school.

I'm pretty sure the September/October months offer the cheapest fares of the year.

Good luck and cheers!

Gusman

and got the $99.00 price for guests 3 and 4. However, we are only on a 3 night sailing, that might be the difference. With tax, it came to 124. and some change for pax 3 and 4. I actually called Carnival first to see if they would match the $99.00 3 and 4 rate, but they said no, so I am sticking to RCI on this one! Much better deal, I think. Carnival wanted to charge 239 for 3 and 4 and 429 for 1 and 2!!! Outrageous!:eek:

Archived