Hi Just found out we are docking at King's Wharf

JoeandSheryl

Hi

We just found out we are docking at Kings Wharf instead of Hamilton.

Can some one please tell us how to get to Horsebay from there by bus and we would also like to see the lighthouses. We are in port from 8:00 pm on Sunday until 6:00 pm on Monday. Any other suggestions of what to see or do.

Thanks ... Joe and Sheryl:)

There is a bus stop right in "town". It is a little longer ride to Horseshoe from Kings Warf than Hamilton - but well worth the trip. They also have a snorkel park at KW & swimming with the dolphins at the Maritime museum. Glass blowing, shopping (even an enclosed mall), rum cake store, etc. All within an easy walk from the ship. It's not Hamilton, but it's not that bad. After all, it's BERMUDA! Enjoy!

Hi

Since you're arriving at night, you can go to the Frog & Onion Pub if you want a place to hang out and have a few drinks. Very popular place for passengers and crew. You could also take a nice walk around King's Wharf and take some nice pictures of the ship if you're interested in that.

You can take the bus (short walk from the ship) to the Lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay Beach. Inform the bus driver that you want to go to the lighthouse and find out what time you can catch the bus to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

If you have time left over.. you can take the bus into Hamilton. Nice city to walk around. Shopping is very expensive in Bermuda so don't expect any bargains. If you're hungry there are several places to eat. The favorites are Hog Penny and Flanagan's. Once you're done in Hamilton, you can take the ferry back to King's Wharf. It's a nice ride and much shorter than taking the bus.

Have a great time in Bermuda and enjoy your cruise.

We also Loved the Frog and Onion as a matter of fact my husband mentioned going there again as well ,but we will be in Hamilton and St George this year and I am not sure what time the buses run at night.Anyone have any idea?

Hi there!

Even though we are going to Bermuda for our FIRST TIME I have done a bit of checking on the internet for transportation schuledules. I found this Bermuda transportation site for bus schedules which may be helpful for you:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=252

Sounds pretty simple to get around the island-- :)

--Marianne

THe bus will drop you of at the top of a steep hill at HB. There is a $1/pp shuttle that I recommned taking at least on the way back.

You will find this beach somewhat crowded near the concession, loos, etc. Just keep walking to your left. The most scenic areas are the rock formations. You will have to walk thru some shallow water to get to them but is worth the effort. This beach can have rip tides so be prepared.

Archived